• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Changing fluids based on time not mileage

If one has an hour meter one their vehicle changing based on hours of operation is the best way to go about it along with fluid analysis. Knowing the older vehicles do not have hour meters it is best to know the quality of fluids you are using and your specific driving habits along with the environment you are operating in.

Both my rigs are new enough to have hour meters and I have basically got the mileage range to hours operated down to a general range for me.

7500 miles is about 225+- hours, tracking both rigs over the last 5 years of servicing. But i backed the 2010 Hemi off to about 200 hours or 6K miles max on the engine oil, Have tried several different types of oil and according to fluid analysis results the additive package is almost totally depleted by 7500 miles even though Chrysler suggests 7500 service intervals I do not run the oil that long anymore just for insurance.

Edited by Wild and Free

I've always felt that the ambient weather and humidity level were a determining factor as to how well something will last not used.  A vehicle used will tend to last longer than a vehicle sitting unused because corrosion takes over, and rubbers dry out. :thumbup2:

• Like 1