• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

:iagree: I have the Air Dog 150. The 100 and 150 are were the same price. The 150 will pump more fuel as mentioned and also return more fuel to the tank. I liked the idea of having the extra capacity to cover any future mods.

The Air Dog 165 offers fuel pressure adjustability in addition to the above.

NOTE: Take and sticky note to your forehead to fill out and return the warranty registration with a copy of your purchase receipt IMMEDIATELY!

IMPORTANT NOTICE

TO ACTIVATE YOUR PURFLOW AIRDOG WARRANTY, YOU MUST COMPLETE AND

MAIL YOUR WARRANTY CARD TO PUREFLOW AIRDOG WITH A COPY OF YOUR

ORIGINAL SALES RECEIPT WITHIN 30 DAYS OF PURCHASE. FAILURE TO COMPLETE

AND SUBMIT YOUR WARRANTY CARD WILL RESULT IN A WARRANTY PERIOD OF

THE COVERED PRODUCE TO ONE (1) YEAR FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE.

Otherwise your lifetime warranty turns into a 2 year limited warranty. MANY have forgotten to do this :banghead: for various reasons and run into some issues although Pure Flow has been very flexible and customer oriented about this in the past.

Mopar1973 Man, I have seen pic of your air dog setup, what did you do for the Bracket to mount where it you did. I what to do mine simular. Is that the bracket you recevied w/ kit? My truck is a short bed too and i guess that there isn't enough straight / level frame area to mount like a long bed model.

• Owner

Mopar1973 Man, I have seen pic of your air dog setup, what did you do for the Bracket to mount where it you did. I what to do mine simular. Is that the bracket you recevied w/ kit? My truck is a short bed too and i guess that there isn't enough straight / level frame area to mount like a long bed model.

That is a short bed bracket I'm using... Yes it came with the AD150.
  • Like 1

Yep, I second that, go with a big line kit, you'll be glad you did. I believe M73M has his improvements just before upgrading to an Air Dog somewhere here on his site. I wish I would have known about this web site before I replaced my weak Carter back in June of 09. You got a better deal on your Airtex then I did on my latest version Carter. I went to a Cummins dealer. Good thing I did because the Dodge dealer said that the only replacement he has is the intank replacement, the worst of all worlds! I would have at least went with an Airtex & moved it from the stock location so that it would be a pusher, & like you I would have upgraded to a big line kit when the funds were available. Happy CTD, Dave

I have to agree with everyones comment. I replaced my lift pump with the Fass DDRP and have had excellent results. Idle is 25, crusing at 55-65 mph 19-20, wot up grade pulling my GN 16' Horse trailer 70mph I have a solid 17 pounds fuel pressure. Fass explained to me that the new DDRP pumps 30% more fuel than the previous replacement pump. I chose the DDRP because I am retired and on a budget. If it goes bad within two years it is 100% warranteed for replacement. Remember I said I was on a budget, if not I would have gone another direction, most likely with Air Dog 150.

I've heard that one can run an AirDog 100 on the OEM fuel pickup without dropping the tank. Does the 150 (same price) need a larger pickup? In either case, if they excees the volume required for the VP44, there must be a return line. Where does that plumb in? Talking pump on the frame below the tank.Russ

I've heard that one can run an AirDog 100 on the OEM fuel pickup without dropping the tank. Does the 150 (same price) need a larger pickup? In either case, if they excees the volume required for the VP44, there must be a return line. Where does that plumb in? Talking pump on the frame below the tank. Russ

yes it does need a new pickup. the "drawstraw" is the new pickup. yes, there is a new return from the pump. the airdog kit comes with a "T" that you splice into the filler neck(where you fill the diesel tank). if you buy the upgraded drawstraw 5 (my understanding) you don't have to cut the filler neck, as you hook the return into the the straw. that and that helps prevent the "ran out of fuel and still have a 1/4 tank" problem (which i never have had, myself)

I spend a lot of my time on my PC. I scan and read most every thing related to Dodge/ Cummins. E-Bay is a good source for Dodge for sale.I look at the pictures and can not imagine how these owners have high mileage Cummins/vp44' with no guages installed. They must have spent money on repairs that could have been avoided if they had just added a good set of guages.If I were to purchase one of these trucks, I would require a fuel pressure check first. Maybe they just have "Dumb Luck" who knows?

You can see at the begining of this thread that I was upgrading the truck with gauges. Then when I was done doing that the fuel pump went out. Changed it for the airtex and work fine. But now I was want to make it better w/ a big line kit. Thinking that as soon as the airtex takes a dump I would have to go with the airtex again with the new upgraded big line kit. So lets do the math, Airtex pump ar $180+ each, big line kit is $116. With the purchase of 2 pump and kit I am at $476 w/ another problem pump. Now for $577 I will have a lifetime pump (Airdog 150) w/ the bigline and be done with it.:hyper::spend:Stop chasing good money after bad!!!

--- Update to the previous post...

That is a short bed bracket I'm using... Yes it came with the AD150.

Mopar1973man do you have any pic of your bracket setup for the airdog? Looks like you mounted it on the side!

• 2 weeks later...

What I did for a bracket was a friend of my Dads had one for a FASS (free:hyper:) and it mount the Airdog between the transfer case and fuel tank, had to drill 2 holes in it and grind gusset a bit. Now what you have to watch for when ordering your hoses is make sure you get all 90 degree fittings at the pump. if you get the "Quick connect" style you will not have enough room to hook fittings up w/ the bracket arangment. Eric at Vulcan Performance is making mine up today. He said he would trade for the ones I already have, just had to pay freight.