• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

running without intercooler boots

I have my boots that were torn taken off and waiting for new ones to get here, am I going to hurt anything starting and moving my truck in the yard without the boots on? Getting my truck redy to go for paint next week and need to move it in and out of my building and load it on the float, alot easier to drive it on if it wont hurt anything :shrug:

Without the turbo pressure there will be no power. As far as hurting it, as long as you don't suck anything into the intake (dust, dirt, sand) it shouldn't hurt it. Take it easy and run it as little as possible, it will suck air into the engine where the boots were and none of that is filtered.

I would definately be plugging the hole if it sits outside at all. It would amaze you at what little critters can find to get into and haul their food and chew toys into places to leave. would hate for you to have a squirl or mouse nest built on top of the grid heater in the intake. Little suckers can build a 5 star Hyat in a matter of hours I swear.:stuned:

• Owner

I would definately be plugging the hole if it sits outside at all. It would amaze you at what little critters can find to get into and haul their food and chew toys into places to leave. would hate for you to have a squirl or mouse nest built on top of the grid heater in the intake. Little suckers can build a 5 star Hyat in a matter of hours I swear.:stuned:

No kidding... I had one bed down on my nice clean polish valve cover with the electric blanket going (block heater)... I fix his rose rear end with a box a de-con... But yes little critters can build homes in just about anything in a matter of minutes...

Lol, I thought of that last night at work and called home and got the wife to go down and shove some rags in the intercooler inlet and outlet, sat overnight the other night without anything, hopefully nothing nested in it. I think for the sake of it, i'll put my old boots back on so i don't have to worry when i'm running it as much moving it, maybe wrap some good old handy duct tape around the splits in them so no crap gets sucked in when it's in the body shop for the next couple weeks. Thanks for the input everyone

i'll put my old boots back on so i don't have to worry when i'm running it as much moving it, maybe wrap some good old handy duct tape around the splits in them so no crap gets sucked in

when the truck is running(with intercooler plumbed in) there isn't a vacuum. air escapes those cracks...not sucking stuff up. without it plumbed in you only have to worry about "sucking" stuff into the horn