• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Custom Quadzilla Tuning R & D Thread

Me78569

49 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I've used 1500 paper and my fingers on the line with good results, just pay attention and be patient. And make sure you give it time to stop leaking as some fuel is left behind the nut that screws in head and with heat from head fuel will come out pass threads, that's why if you don't have hard starts (I don't think my truck makes a full revolution before it fires up) leave it be for few days. Or something is cracked, like tip of the line. 

Its definitely a leak not residual fuel.... Running all the way off the back of the motor dripping off the bell housing

2 hours ago, jlbayes said:

I have a polishing method that works great. I fight my ppump 24v lines every time.

I have sanded starting at 800-2500 with my finger tips multiple times...

38 minutes ago, dirty830 said:

I'm been fighting a surge around 80% throttle. Very noticeable 1st-4th almost feels like the wire tap is coming on but I'm at setting 3. I'm trying to get a good data log of it happening. 

Mine does this too.. Sounds identical to what you described. I will data log it tonight... I can even watch it in the boost gauge

2 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

It looks like you're completely losing your canbus fuel and everything else follows, unless I'm looking at it wrong

i think what you are seeing is me coming off the throttle. the surge is usually around 75%-80% throttle you can see a spike in the engine load.

• Like 1

So if I look at the datalogs I see that at 3000 rpm and %70 throttle you are sitting at a canbus message of ~800.  

This means your are in your light throttle timing area of the map.   

Try setting light throttle timing to 0*   or dropping light throttle limit to ~%15

Any White smoke out the tail pipe when this bucking happens?

Here is a "chug" from me.. It comes in between 2600-3100 rpm but I might just be running out of fuel... This is on level 3 on my "extreme"tune.. I actually turned on the cel at the end of this pull. The tach dropped and the light came on.. P0500 and p1693..strange honestly this chugging wasn't as bad as usually

chugcel.csv

Spotted a "bug" kinda. Since your tune is %100 under oem duration when you hit 3100 hard fuel kicks in to keep canbus high as oem duration falls off.  

I wasn't expecting a tune like this to happen so I didn't consider it.  I will have a fix sometime tomorow.

6 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Spotted a "bug" kinda. Since your tune is %100 under oem duration when you hit 3100 hard fuel kicks in to keep canbus high as oem duration falls off.  

I wasn't expecting a tune like this to happen so I didn't consider it.  I will have a fix sometime tomorow.

and boy does it hard fuel. surprised me the first few times. i did notice it held canbus higher into the rpms i guess thats the hard fuel?