• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Shudder light throttle

Mopar1973Man

51 minutes ago, NoMercy Z06 said:

Here is the video. Sadly the app crashed as I was trying to export the data log on this.  This may be what Mike is experiencing but his seemed more harsh in his video. 

Finally got it added

Here is a short data log of what's in the video. Couldn't get it to maintain it for as long as I did in the video but it does it several times throughout this log

iQuad-2017-08-14-12.14.17534667024.csv

39 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Whenever your app crashes, please push the report button. It helps us figure out why its crashing. 

-thanks again,

I do it when it gives me the option to but sometimes it just locks up or shuts down without giving me the report option. 

• Owner
2 hours ago, NoMercy Z06 said:

Here is the video. Sadly the app crashed as I was trying to export the data log on this.  This may be what Mike is experiencing but his seemed more harsh in his video. 

I'm noticing this issue most so at higher fuel temperatures than at cooler temperatures. When I'm seeing 130 to 140*F of fuel temperature it tends to show up better. Cooler fuel temperatures tend to mask it. I've been playing to find all the variables that seem to make this possible. 

Sorry Nick, out running around and didn't actually look at the file before I uploaded it.  I did 3 quick throttle blips right after it did it.  Not full throttle blips as I was in traffic but probably quick half throttle blips and then exported the data log right afterwards.  Got to be in the last 30 seconds on the log maybe a little longer. 

1/3 seconds as data comes in. 

Your lope at 950 is just he quad turning on and off.  950 is the limit for the quadzilla sending the commands. 

Your surge issue I am not sure about.  Timing and fueling looks spot on for the oem data logs I have.   How noticeable is it?

Pretty noticeable.  Stronger as it gets lower in rpm.  This could be a mechanical issue I'm thinking.  Maybe the trans is trying to shift out of gear or unlock the convertor?  This is typically lugging around in 3 or 4th with the TC locked.  Once the TC unlocks or it down shifts the bucking goes away, but that could be because the rpm goes back up as well. 

• Owner
11 minutes ago, NoMercy Z06 said:

Pretty noticeable.  Stronger as it gets lower in rpm.  This could be a mechanical issue I'm thinking.  Maybe the trans is trying to shift out of gear or unlock the convertor?  This is typically lugging around in 3 or 4th with the TC locked.  Once the TC unlocks or it down shifts the bucking goes away, but that could be because the rpm goes back up as well. 

Problem is I feel it on a manual 5 speed transmission too. There is no torque converter clutch to unlock for me. Normally feel it around 25-30 MPH range which most of the small town I travel are 25 MPH city speed limit. Closer I get to Ontario the more you get normal 35 MPH speed limits but traffic hold me down in the 30 MPH bracket and its felt again. 

@NoMercy Z06 try switching to ZERO level and see if it goes away. If so the whole problem is in the Quadzilla. 

Already ahead of you.  Just made a quick little run to a small valley were this happens every time, first pass was on zero, second and third pass was on 3.  I didn't feel any surging on 0 but did on 3 although it was very light.  Here's the log. 

iQuad-2017-08-14-06.32.16-308249967.csv

Does the quad do any apps fooling? 

Edited by NoMercy Z06

Nope the quadzilla has zero code in it to write to the ecm.  One way communication only ecm > quad > vp44.

I'll look over the log when I get home.  It would be awesome if you could give me lines to start on for each run so I can build graphs.

One more question.  Tc locked low rpm, when the shudder happens if you lay into it the shudder goes away right away?   Also what is your tune starting point?  I am sure you posted it but my memory is like a gold fish.

Edited by Me78569

I cleared the data log right before I made this so there shouldn't be much to look at.  I downloaded this while on the road so I didn't get a chance to look at it but next time I'll try to get you a starting point before I upload the log.  

If I lay into it it down shifts right away and the shutter disappears instantly. But it also disappears if I ease into the throttle pretty much instantly as well.  

I'm not running tap so here is where my tune is

Load offset 1*

Low psi reduct 3*

Scaling 100%

Light throttle adv 0*

Load limit 35 psi

1500  14.5*  been as high as 16 in testing 

2000  19*

2500  23*

3000 25*

Max  27*

0- 94

1- 94

2- 95

3- 96

4- 97

5- 99

6- 101

7- 103

8- 105

9- 107

10- 109

11- 111

12- 113

13- 115

14- 117

15- 119

16- 121

18- 123

Up by 2 the rest of the way. 

On my economy tune I started the can bus fueling at 85 and if I blip the throttle from idle say while pulling out of a parking spot the engine would die.  If I go any lower than 94 on the tune above it will die as well.  This may be do too the 950rpm switch over and it can't react fast enough?   Again this is if I just blip the throttle quickly. 

Edited by NoMercy Z06

Next time you get a chance grab one of the V1 tunes and load it up.  see if that does it.  

I have been through the code a number of times now and can't see anything that would cause it and can't reproduce it.  

I have heard it and seen it in your videos, but I can't reproduce and neither can the other guys I have asked.  Next step is to see if the V1 tunes do it.  If they do then I wanna see if the edge does it as well.  

The only way I can solve the issue is attempt to narrow it down.  

Edited by Me78569