• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone have these mirrors?

So i'm almost certain i'm going to hear to good to be true, but anyone have any experience with these mirrors or this company? Looking at the manual tow mirrors for an 02 2500 which are cheaper than the ones for an 01 and under. I thought 97-02 2500 series all fit the same manual tow mirror? Are these mirrors junk? :shrug:http://www.discountautomirrors.com/catalog/?N=1607+10105+4294962959&Nr=AND%28part:Mirror,brand:Kool%20Vue%29&Ns=price3|0

I have mirrors from a 24V and they bolt up exactly the same. Ironically, I took them off a 94 that got them off a 24V.. So from 94-02 they are all the same.No clue on the worthiness of the ones you want. :shrug:

I have no experience with those after market in the OP.

Mike,

My 01.5 with Towing package came with those flip out mirrors. If mine turn up missing, I'm coming looking for you!

Posted Image

I wish they figured out how to make them power adjust... when flipped in/out they must be totally re-aimed. Recently I've been able to tow my horse trailer or landscapers trailer with them in but when I had a 5th wheel camper, they had to go out!

I'd love to have a set of these mirrors...

Posted Image

Idk, i just thought that when you can buy a set of these of the internet for under $100, the price seemed to good to be true for a quality mirror when you compare to what other companies are selling them for, and especially the dealer :shrug:

No I was meaning the towing mirrors that fold out that Mike wants. I think if I were you, I would search for the same mirrors all over the net and see how much the price varies. If everyone is the same price, I don't really see an issue. Those mirrors are as simple as it gets so I am not doubting they could sell that cheap. Kool-vue sounds like a cheap chinese brand anyways. You get what you pay for. I would search around and see what the OEM mirrors that are exactly the same go for. Well I had to look. Ebay Buy-It-Now new mirrors like the ones you want go for around $30-$40. I don't know if I would chance a cheap sounding company over just getting the OEM ones off ebay or something.

No I was meaning the towing mirrors that fold out that Mike wants. I think if I were you, I would search for the same mirrors all over the net and see how much the price varies. If everyone is the same price, I don't really see an issue. Those mirrors are as simple as it gets so I am not doubting they could sell that cheap. Kool-vue sounds like a cheap chinese brand anyways. You get what you pay for. I would search around and see what the OEM mirrors that are exactly the same go for. Well I had to look. Ebay Buy-It-Now new mirrors like the ones you want go for around $30-$40. I don't know if I would chance a cheap sounding company over just getting the OEM ones off ebay or something.

Yea, i been looking at a couple sites sellig this brand, prices are somewhat comparable and reviews are good, but i'm like you, why can they sell these for sucha cheap price and a dealer wants over $300 for a pair. I know, dealers are stealers, but thats a big price difference. Just trying to get some insight from people that have bought the cheap ones, Thanks for replying :thumbup2:

Did some more searching. According to this huge thread http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=295060&page=3 they are just like OEM, different mirrors but I wanted to see if they said they were cheaply built or something. So maybe they are a legit good company with just a cheesy name or something. Dealer wants $300? Wonder how much they charge for the nuts to put them on :lol:

The nuts come with them but you do have to get the reinforcement plates. IDK why they don't come with them but they don't. I got the kool vue power heated towing mirrors and I had a oem non power heated tow mirror and I laid them side by side and they look exactly the same. I've only ran them for about 1,000 miles but I'm very happy with them. Can't say the same for discountautomirrors company though, they are a bunch of idiots.

Well i have a set of these mirrors, although they are not as good as the factory mirrors they are a great alternative to the pricey factory ones. They(glass) do vibrate more is the only issue i have with them especially when folded out, but you cant tell the difference from the factory ones. I bought a set because some dumb azz knocked one off while backing out of the garage!!!! I would buy a set again for the price!!!DD

• 1 month later...