• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Down Sized Injectors

Finally happy again with my injectors and power. Many years ago, ran DAP +60hp VCO injectors, they were pretty clean usable. Then some DFI 7x.009 +100hp VCOs, clean and powerful. Then DAP 7x.009 SACs, smokey and laggy with the super b, tuner or no tuner. Now I have about 50 miles on some Contageous 7x.008 RV275 stlye +50hp SACs, very clean and powerful with no tuner, slight haze romping on it with tuner off, and only a touch of smoke till boost builds with the tuner on.

Super b is definitely more laggy than the holsets, but burns clean with rpms. Smaller injectors with the tuner off is streetable down low, and then turn the quadzilla xzt after you get rolling. Moral of the story, I now have usable low end and mid range, where I spend most of my time, with my current set up. Super B 57/65/14, +50hp SACs and quadzilla xzt. I am officially down messing with this truck and will do maintenace only now.

• Like 1

• Owner

Hmmm... I'm close to your setup... 

• DAP VCO 7x0.0085 Injectors
  • Holset HX35/40 Hybrid 60/60/12
  • Quadzilla Adrenaline (Untapped currently)

I'll admit that with an empty truck and not towing I can stand on the throttle at it super hard to reach 1,200*F. Now towing my RV using @Me78569 Towing tune it was pretty tough to get excessive EGT's that reached the 1,300*F limit I've got set. Daily driving I've got no smoke for the most part.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• 2 weeks later...