• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Light Throttle Load Limit (Percent) Setting

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

I found a perfect way of setting this properly for your truck and Quadzilla tunes. This is the maximum engine load allow before Quadzilla Adrenaline kick out of the cruise timing map and switches back to the performance map. All you got to do is set your cruise for 65 MPH at highway speeds and monitor your engine load amount on the display. Like my truck is about 25% engine load at 65 MPH. Now set the Load Limit setting for maybe +5% higher. When you're traveling in rolling country it should hold on to the cruise timing just enough that small changes will not kick the cruise timing out but a fair grade will kick cruise timing out and switch you back to performance timing. Soon as the grade is over it should flip back fairly quickly. 

Excessively low setting will make it rather tough to ever get to cruise timing and degrade MPG performance.

Excessively high setting will degrade pulling power on the grades. 

• Like 1

• Owner

Doing 55 MPH is going to be a lower load value typically. Doing 75 MPH is going to a high load value. Still in all you need a measurement at cruising state on flat ground. I don't suggest attempting to get cruise timing for anything more than 75 MPH. Like out here with 80 MPH interstate travel I don't know if I want to stack on cruise timing to nearly 2,500 RPM timing values.

65 MPH fairly common value and reasonable spot to work at. That is why I suggested it. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I see that you say your engine load is about 25% while going 65mph. I looked at mine and at 65 I’m going back and fourth from 30-40%. Is this normal or could I have a loose connection somewhere? It was really windy when I checked so maybe that could have something to do with it. I see it that cruising adv. maxes out at 40% and didn’t know if it was safe to put it at 40%.