• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

High Idle Switch install

7 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

If the LEDs are not connected then no, there will be no draw.

That makes sense since it's resistors that do foolling,  reason I asked is truck sat for few weeks with switch set to mpg went to start it this morning and noticed battery voltage was 11.8 (before starting) where normally it's above 12. It's probably from not being used enough. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You can run it year round if you wish no harm will come.

Basically, if the IAT temp falls below 80*F then you need the MPG mode to keep the ECM from cranking up the timing excessively. 

So in other words for performance tunes shut it off back to iat ? Or not necessarily 

• Owner
1 minute ago, Dieselfuture said:

So will a obd link show true timing or how can we see what's really happening. 

No. There is no way to measure true timing. As far as what I understand of the Quadzilla it can only pick up the ECM signal for timing then modify the value then add a priority bit the communication to force the override of the timing value through. It just assumed that displayed timing is actual timing till there is a pump malfunction (P0216) then you know the timing number is no longer what is actual timing.

• Like 1

• Owner

Properly operating VP44 it should be right on the money but we all know that everything has an amount of error built into the pump, Quadzilla, etc. So I would say it darn close to being on the mark as long as everything shows to be working properly. Like in my experience when my last VP44 pump failed at 243k miles. I had a P0216 code but the Quadzilla still showed normal timing numbers but OMG! that VP44 was stuck in full advanced and that engine rattled something horrid. So bad the truck would barely roll along at 25-30 MPH. When the pump decided to function and time properly it would run like a scalded dog then something would pop in that pump and timing would go back to full advance. Still the whole time the Quadzilla still showed proper values. 

• Like 1