• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I think we found our new home.

The_Hammer

Wish you best of luck man, it's a nice RV and hopefully you can save enough money living in one to buy a nice piece of property with a house you want or even just property and then just built what you want at your pace while living in RV. Know some people that done that after flood in 08 here, it takes a while but now they got a paid for house and seem pretty comfortable and happy. 

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Nice RV. 

Just make sure to park it on the highest piece of ground you can so its not flooded out too. Worse yet washed down river. 

We’re going to park it where our old house is now, after we demo it of course. Believe it or not that land is about 40’ straight up from the river. 

We always have plenty of advanced notice before the main road is flooded. Even with the tremendous amount of rainfall that Harvey dumped on us in such a short amount of time, it still took 3 days before the main road was impassable. If we are expected to flood at all we will move the trailer out immediately just to be safe. I also now have access to a flatbed trailer with rolling tailboard that I can winch my 12’x20’ Morgan building up on and easily move to higher ground. 

1 hour ago, Dieselfuture said:

Wish you best of luck man, it's a nice RV and hopefully you can save enough money living in one to buy a nice piece of property with a house you want or even just property and then just built what you want at your pace while living in RV. Know some people that done that after flood in 08 here, it takes a while but now they got a paid for house and seem pretty comfortable and happy. 

The end goal is to eventually build a new house on 10’ pilings. That would have cleared this past flood by 2’ and seeing as that was an absolute “worst case scenario “ for massive flooding we will be safe for the long haul.

Sometime next week my new Load lifter 5000 air bag kit will be here, no more sagging rear end for me! Well, at least the truck’s rear end won’t be sagging lol. I’m also going to replace the grade 5 mounting bolts on my Reese receiver hitch with grade 8 just be safe. I don’t know if we’ll be doing any traveling anytime soon with the new trailer but I want to be ready if we do.