• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Airdog pressure washers

Ok as usual Michael hit it on the money again, don't get your hopes up just yet, it didn't fix the real problem (surge). But we now have 17 psi on fuel gauge. Went from 12.75 to 17 at idle, wot 15.25 on a airdog 100 with a 150 draw straw. Speaking of surge would injectors cause that or not?The .740 had to be brought down to .690. I could feel the washer line up as I screwed fitting in with fingers. It then went smooth all the way till tight.

post-30-138698165404_thumb.jpg

post-30-138698165412_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I am glad you share this info because I missed that tread from Mike and I am for sure doing this as soon as I pass by the hardware store. How or were did you get the draw straw? does this draw straw make a big difference ? My Dog has always given me 13 to 14 psi .Do you know how often you have to change the water separator?

I got the draw straw from Airdog and the overflow valvue from somewhere, but I also had the ecm reflashed for the surging problem I have been having. Anyway here is a bit of info, my exhaust temp was high after the draw straw replacement, or the overflow valvue I dont know which caused the high temp, or ecm flash but after driving a while now everything is back to normal. Go figure, I dont know what that was all about. I could leave truck idle and temp would not come down, normal before it woud come down to 250 in about 2-3 min. but after all the work it would stay up around 350 at idle and hwy speed it was running 800-850 at 62mph.But here I go again with new info after the fuel pressure increase, I have a slite miss now that was not there before, I say it wasnt, not sure because I never have liked the way it idles, made a sound that just didnt sound solid if that makes sence. There is something going on here because everytime I do something it responds a little diff. Michael I am makeing a new video to send to you and BD. I know your over thrilled with joy about that. But this truck will be knowen state wide one day, I dont think that sounded right ,did it. It should be a bad thing. lol

I got the draw straw from Airdog and the overflow valvue from somewhere, but I also had the ecm reflashed for the surging problem I have been having. Anyway here is a bit of info, my exhaust temp was high after the draw straw replacement, or the overflow valvue I dont know which caused the high temp, or ecm flash but after driving a while now everything is back to normal. Go figure, I dont know what that was all about. I could leave truck idle and temp would not come down, normal before it woud come down to 250 in about 2-3 min. but after all the work it would stay up around 350 at idle and hwy speed it was running 800-850 at 62mph. But here I go again with new info after the fuel pressure increase, I have a slite miss now that was not there before, I say it wasnt, not sure because I never have liked the way it idles, made a sound that just didnt sound solid if that makes sence. There is something going on here because everytime I do something it responds a little diff. Michael I am makeing a new video to send to you and BD. I know your over thrilled with joy about that. But this truck will be knowen state wide one day, I dont think that sounded right ,did it. It should be a bad thing. lol

So I have to get a overflow valve too?

Ok as usual Michael hit it on the money again, don't get your hopes up just yet, it didn't fix the real problem (surge). But we now have 17 psi on fuel gauge. Went from 12.75 to 17 at idle, wot 15.25 on a airdog 100 with a 150 draw straw. Speaking of surge would injectors cause that or not? The .740 had to be brought down to .690. I could feel the washer line up as I screwed fitting in with fingers. It then went smooth all the way till tight.

I cant seem to find that washer at home depot all the sizes they got are mm , do you know what would it be the size in mm? this goes on the return line right ?Thanks!

I did find a washer but didnt have time to change it I had to leave on a trip that I am makeing ,But I did change both flters and my fuel pressure when up to 14 to 15 psi . Now when I was the on road like 500 miles away from home (Monterry,Mx.) my fuel pressure went down to 12 at WOT , I did brought the washer with me I am thinking of messing with it what do you guys think?

• Owner

Do you know why would the pressure drop? And this washer does go on the return line right ?

Pressure drop and why... Well its pretty simple when you take the fitting out there will be a spring sticking out. When you grab the spring and pul it out be aware if the check ball is stick in the coil of the spring. If so then that the problem. What happen is the check ball is pulsating against the spring and start to work into the coils of the spring. Once that happens the pressure starts to fall a bit. I suggested that AirDog need to create a collar washer that sits on top of the spring and keeps the check ball from wedging down in the coils but provides a solid seat for it. Kind of like the washers used in a Holley Double Pumper carbs... Yes the washer goes in the return side... Hose -> Fitting -> Washer -> Spring -> Check Ball | Pump body... (Stack in that order)

• 3 months later...

I recently installed an AD150. It came with an "high pressure" spring in the box. I stayed with the already installed spring and get 14.5 at WOT, 15-15.5 at idle. Does anybody know what pressure the extra spring would supply?

I dont know for sure but I here 17.5 I may be wrong. I would stick it in there and see, it cant hurt and it not hard to do. Just make sure spring goes in straight.

I dont know for sure but I here 17.5 I may be wrong. I would stick it in there and see, it cant hurt and it not hard to do. Just make sure spring goes in straight.

Finally got around to trying the "high pressure" spring that came with the AD150. It gave me the same pressures as the original spring. So I put the original spring back in and added a .060" thick washer, ID & OD matched to the fitting. Fuel pressure is now 17 at idle, and 15 at WOT.