• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How often do you clean injectors in above posting?

Injectors in my gasser...tried to clean them.  Nothing that comes in a plastic container is strong enough in my opion.  If product doesn't screw up plastic, then not that strong.  

Edited by 015point9
  • Like 1

• Owner

I've even go farther and pull an injector and soak it for 24 hours in 100% injector cleaner. I can tell you that it didn't clean a single thing. Now the best injectors clean it CarbDip that stuff strips every bit of carbon off and wipes clean. 

I can also tell you that all Power Service products are mixed 400:1 ratio. So 35 gallon fuel tank is 4,480 ounces. Now divide 4,480 ounces by 400 and you add 11.2 ounces of Power Service to the fuel. Hmmm... Like pissin' in a pond I really doubt it will do anything if 100% Power Service could not clean a single an injector in 24 hours.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've even go farther and pull an injector and soak it for 24 hours in 100% injector cleaner. I can tell you that it didn't clean a single thing. Now the best injectors clean it CarbDip that stuff strips every bit of carbon off and wipes clean. 

I can also tell you that all Power Service products are mixed 400:1 ratio. So 35 gallon fuel tank is 4,480 ounces. Now divide 4,480 ounces by 400 and you add 11.2 ounces of Power Service to the fuel. Hmmm... Like pissin' in a pond I really doubt it will do anything if 100% Power Service could not clean a single an injector in 24 hours.

I can see what your saying about ratio. Plan is too just let these go until I get the He351cw in and then I’ll be getting new from Dap. This is off topic but are new bodies a necessity? 

8 hours ago, 015point9 said:

How often do you clean injectors in above posting?

Injectors in my gasser...tried to clean them.  Nothing that comes in a plastic container is strong enough in my opion.  If product doesn't screw up plastic, then not that strong.  

I couldn't agree more. I've been trying to find a recipe for a combination of chemicals that will eat soot, and I mean eat... I've seen a video of someone's home made concoction, but he wouldn't say what he used.

• Owner
5 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

I've been trying to find a recipe for a combination of chemicals that will eat soot, and I mean eat...

As long as it doesn't eat the o-rings in the VP44. That might be an expensive mistake. :broke:

That's why I like the CarbDip idea it does EATS the carbon right off the injectors including the varnish but its so strong it has to be sold in STEEL paint can. Any plastic or rubber will dissolve fairly quickly.

Carburetor/Parts Cleaner,96 oz.Pail

Edited by Mopar1973Man

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

As long as it doesn't eat the o-rings in the VP44. That might be an expensive mistake. :broke:

Oh yeah, I should have been more clear, I meant to soak the injector while it's removed. I don't want to put acid through my fuel system, lol.