• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Factory clutch issues please help.

I have 160k miles on my 3/4ton truck 5 speed and have owned it since december. Whole time its had a throwout bearing noise but had no problems driving slipping shifting etc... Well since it has gotten warm last few weeks and only after i drive it say 20miles or more in the heat i have noticed it getting hard to shift into gear. you really have to push clutch all the way hard some times to get it into gear especially reverse and first once you come to a stop. Thanks for your help in advance. Chris

• Owner

Before something break you better pull the trans down and inspect it... There is just no way around it... As for mine it did the same thing and I caught mine before it blew up... It was extremely hard to get into any gear and you had to fight with the trans to get back into gear... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=981 http://forum.mopar1973man.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=982

Ditto, mine had same symptoms as yours but eventually the clutch pedal stopped working altogether and I had to drive without clutch. Spring had came out and went through the pressure plate and it wasn't pretty. I wouldn't have thought it either but such subtle symptoms can actually be something a little more serious and a little more costly. Take the trans out and look, might be surprised what you find.