• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Now that I have conquered the front end on this thing, It is time to start saving for some fun stuff! I am pretty set on not getting too crazy with it, and I would like to maintain my mileage so the rv275 sounds like the right way to go for me. Just wondering where you guys have gotten yours, if you got the full injectors or just the nozzles. Also if you just get the nozzles are there any precautions I should be aware of. Chris

• Like 1

Chris, Below is a link to Source Automotive's Formula 1 Mach series injectors: http://sourceautomotive.biz/machinjectors.aspx I would recommend something between the Mach 1.6 and Mach 3 injectors. Yes, they are a bit more expensive but they are among the best injectors out there. Keep an eye out for a used set. You may be able to trade for them or haggle a bargain price. Short of the above, the Bosch RV275's are a very good bang for the buck.

I have 8 sets of RV 275 in stock. I also have some 50, 60, 75 100 and bigger for not much more. Injectors are flow matched and pop tested. They are not Mach injectors, but you may be able to think of something else you can do to your truck for $500 extra.

dieselautopower brings up a very good point. I neglected to mention that I bought my Mach 1.6 injectors used. I bougth the set of injectors and an Edge EZ for $400. That was a pretty good deal so I grabbed it. The previous owner used them for a very short period and removed them because he said they smoked too much. I suspect he may have been shipped the next higher set of Mach injectors but there was no way for me to tell. They DID smoke like a freight train until I added in the Edge EZ, BHAF, and 5 inch turbo back straight pipe exhaust. They still can kill a few mosquito's if I get on the go pedal too soon without enough boost. They do perform very well though. I think you will be happy with the RV 275's if you decide to go that route and still have some cash left over for something else as mentioned above. :thumbup2:

I just got home from picking up 1900lbs of beef from the other side of the state at about 720 miles round trip and averaged right at 21mpg with an average speed of 70mph. This route takes you over 2 pretty decent mountain passes, so I figure thats pretty good going there and back. That and it got better mileage than my 04 f150 did last year doing the same run with only 1300lbs in the bed. I'd say I did ok getting this truck:thumb1: This was my first "big" trip since getting the truck in February, driving it back from Denver. I tried running the edge at lvl 5 and mostly being careful not to flog it too much:evilgrin:, and it seemed to do just fine. Chris

Just did a trip down to Ontario, OR with my used and beat up RV275's and still pulled 21.3 MPG when I pull in the driveway listening to my random miss. :whistle:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How hard is it to replace injectors ? Any writeups anywhere with pics ? Have looked both here and cumminsforum ........... Was thinking about the RV275 injectors from JKIDD ........ would these be the best for towing/daily driver with the extra spray. Don't really need any more power other than the edge - unless its for MPG etc. thx

• Owner

How hard is it to replace injectors ? Any writeups anywhere with pics ? Have looked both here and cumminsforum ........... Was thinking about the RV275 injectors from JKIDD ........ would these be the best for towing/daily driver with the extra spray. Don't really need any more power other than the edge - unless its for MPG etc. thx

Right here... http://forum.mopar1973man.com/showthread.php/899-Injector-upgrade?highlight=injectors Then thew write up.. http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/2ndgen24v/injectors/injectors.htm
  • Like 2

Here is a good video on the procedure:

Chris

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to Hi-Jack the thread,, But been thinking the same thing, After Mike installed his and has a good report on the 275's without affecting the MPG looks like a nice upgrade; j-kidd or some other site vendor please shoot me a PM on the price for a set........ Thanks Ed.