P0500-Surging

• Hey guys so i think i narrowed down the surging to one thing. P0500 obd code. I replaced the speed sensor in the tranny and it worked for a little while. Im still dealing with this issue. I ohmed the two wires to the pcm connector and they are good. My boss suggested a short to ground. I know its a wire issue now because i went over a bump and the abs/brake light came on again. What are some grounds and other things i can check? Battery terminals are new and clean. Anybody else have a problem like this? I have a p1693 code that follows after the p0500 is thrown too. Assuming that its because of the vehicle speed sensor circuit 1.

• Administrator

P0500 is a rear speed sensor code. The sensor is in the rear differential on top. 

Now are you seeing any issues with your speedometer at all if not then it might be a front sensor that is failing. It's typically best to replace all speed sensor as a set. This that doesn't help it could be a failed tone ring been there... :whistle:

3 hours ago, DTech22 said:

Where are my front speed sensors located? I replaced the rear speed sensor already. 

On my 02 they're behind rotors, I have brake/ABS light come and go so I changed my sensors and it didn't help. I think my problem is from over greasing my wheel bearings on front, every time I get tone ring cleaned from grease light stays away for awhile. 

Archived