• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Replacement fuel level sending unit...?

Well I'm getting tired of my fuel gauge reading 3/4 tank with 300 miles on the clock...  Its been acting up for some time but getting worse as half tank is about as far as it will ever get to.  If this was a true representation of some amazing fuel mileage then I'd feel a bit different.....but sadly its not.

So I guess I'll drop the tank, or lift the bed, and see whats up...  I'm thinking the fuel sending unit on the module is toast.  I see Geno's sells them but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on who else does?

Just for reference, the module is stock because I've never needed to modify the fuel module system.  Most video's and information about the fuel modules are because someone was trying to install a Drawstraw, remove the intank pump, or perform some other possible concocted modification.  I just want to fix the fuel level since driving by the odometer is kind of a pain. :thumbup2:

EDIT: Not sure what I was thinking but lifting the bed isnt an option because of the 5th wheel hitch.  Guess I'll be dropping the tank...

Edited by KATOOM

If you just need the gauge part I might have one.  Got it from geno's couple years ago.  Never put it in because once inside module found out what as a mess.  Ended up getting entire new module with gauge.  If interested let me know as I have to make sure I still have it (ie find it??)  on west coast.

• Like 1