• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Hi guys, Well I am in the process of getting my gauges. (Boost Pyro, and tranny.) I put on my BHAF, adjustable boost elbow, and raptor 150. After doing some more research I realized I need a boost fooler. (Could explain the poor performance I am getting from the truck while towing. :banghead: loss of mpg and power?) I will more than likely get the edge comp for a chip but can't swing it right now. Plus I don't have the money on the backside to upgrade the tranny because I know I won't stick to running the box on level 1.:drool: Will this boost fooler work or should I look for another plug and play model?http://www.parleysdieselperformance.com/products/quadzilla-boost-fooler-for-1998-dot-5-2000-dodge-ram-5-dot-9l-cummins Thanks !

Hi guys, Well I am in the process of getting my gauges. (Boost Pyro, and tranny.) I put on my BHAF, adjustable boost elbow, and raptor 150. After doing some more research I realized I need a boost fooler. (Could explain the poor performance I am getting from the truck while towing. :banghead: loss of mpg and power?) I will more than likely get the edge comp for a chip but can't swing it right now. Plus I don't have the money on the backside to upgrade the tranny because I know I won't stick to running the box on level 1.:drool: Will this boost fooler work or should I look for another plug and play model?http://www.parleysdieselperformance.com/products/quadzilla-boost-fooler-for-1998-dot-5-2000-dodge-ram-5-dot-9l-cummins Thanks !

Just a suggestion..why not look aorund for a used Quadzilla XZT which has the boost fooler in it and you gain the extra 65hp until you can get the edge? I run one on mine, made a nice wake up for it :whistle:

In addition the above, there are a lot of used and cheap Edge EZ's out there which work well and give a good bang for the buck. I keep a boost fooler just like the item you show in your link, in my glove box in the event that the Edge EZ goes on the blink and has to be returned for repair. That way I can still drive the truck without the possibility of setting off and over boost code and putting the ECM into limp mode. The Edge Comp is a "haus" if you choose to pierce the VP pump wire. The boost fooler alone will not give you much if any increase in performance......perhaps a slight amount.

Thanks Guys,I guess I should look more into the edge comp. So when you talk about this 1x5, 2x4, 3x3, 4x2, 5x1... is there somewhere that explains this better. I'm sure you have a link somewhere...:thumbup2::) Just watching how I throw the ole money around these days.:spend:

• Owner

Main level. (First number)

1. 40 HP

2. 60 HP

3. 80 HP

4. 100 HP

5. 120 HP

Sublevel (Second number) Defuel mode - These 3 levels are design for smoke control. The fuel rate is cut below stock rates!

1. 33% of stock fuel till 20 PSI Boost pressure.

2. 50% of stock fuel till 15 PSI Boost pressure.

3. 67% of stock fuel till 10 PSI Boost pressure.

Power Mode.

4. Some extra fuel at 0 PSI boost.

5. Full fuel at 0 PSI boost.

Explaination...

[*]Main level is the maximum amount of fuel and timing you'll recieve total from the Edge Comp. The higher the main level more timing and fuel given total.

[*]Sublevel is how fast you get to max fuel and timing in relationship to boost pressure.

[*]Running a Edge Comp or Edge Juice un-tapped with only net you 40 HP regardless of the level settings...

[*]Running a Edge Comp on 5x5 will net you the best MPGs with a light foot.

[*]Remember using a 1-3 sublevel will keep you most likely in below stock power band till you exceed the boost pressure limit so if you normal cruise 60 MPH is 3-4 PSI of boost you need to at least run #4 on the sublevel to get a timing/fuel enhancement.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw this thread and the comp is one of the upgrades i've thought about making when i get my tranny in....But i do have a question does the comp boost fool? i read different opinions on this..

The comp boost fools the ECM but you still need a boost elbow or other mod to prevent the waste gate from opening up and dumping boost pressure.

If your gonna tap the vp44 and run a TST/QUAD/EDGE - then consider upgrading VB + TC with auto tranny to hold powerStraight Pipe Exhuast or increase to 4"+ to reduce EGT'sj-hook or elbow to allow more boost - but not over 35psi with stock turbos' I think It makes a heck of a difference on power though.I had the xzt+ as well as another non-tapped programmer - before I tapped - night and day Never tried a powerpuck tho. :)