• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I have a small leak on injector line #6 rite where it connects to the injector tube. It looks like the threads are leaking a small amout. But enough that when it sits for a bit it usually doesnt start first time. Like it has to prime itself again, but starts no problem an runs fine after that. Im looking to replace the line soon. Just wondering if anyone has tried some thread sealer tape to quick fix the problem?! Just wondering if its worth the time to do the quick fix or if it even works

Put enough on there maybe. Those threads don't make the seal. The nut applies pressure on the line and cross over tube fore the seal. You might just have a bad o ring on the tube. Worth a look.  Those lines aren't cheap.

I just had to order one from cummins for my #5. The end in the nut blew off. I was missing the hold down at the rear holding #5 and 6. Figured that put some undue stress on it. $93 for the line and $28 for the hold down parts. 

Ok thnx. Ya i was thinking of replacing all the injector lines, but gets pricy! Just gonna order line #6 soon. Thats the only one that is leaking. Thnx for the input. I’ll try some sealant tape for now an see how it works 

Ok sealant tape seems to be holding up so far. Taped it up an have been out driving around for about 45 mins or so. Everything looks dry still. An actually seems to b running a touch smoother. I dunno if its just me or not lol 

Will see how it starts in the morning. If takes a second try to start then its still leaking or the “fix” was pointless. 

2 hours ago, dripley said:

I looked one up with the dodge part # and they were around $170.

It was one of the after market vendors , Maybe a after market set of injector lines

8 minutes ago, GSP7 said:

It was one of the after market vendors , Maybe a after market set of injector lines

Yes. I looked at several Mopar oversstock places and 170 was cheapest I saw. I did order a #6 line from an eBay vendor for $60 to compare what difference there might be, visually any way. Wish I could have found somewhere that carries the isolator blocks. Those are pricey everywhere I looked.