• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Bumper plug

As it would happen, I just paid for the tags on my truck (after paying $80 to get it "smogged", what a Phugging racket that crap is). 

total price on a 20 year old 3/4 ton truck.............. $420.  Mind you $80 of that is the personalized tags (why I keep them I will never know........ they were a "gift" from a friend).

Registration  $108

Licence fee   $18

Weight Fee  $204

Custom tags  $83

County fee    $7

Owner responsibility fee (whatever the hale that is). $0.00

The tags on my 66 Chevelle.................... $20

• Staff
On ‎3‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 9:31 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

Somedays I wonder...

I was driving around in San Diego yesterday and today and the streets are all pot holed.  I went in to another city, Escondido, and the streets there aren't much better.  Now, it's not like we have snow and ice to tear them up, just a little rain.  The main problem is the politicians spending the gas and car tax money on every pet project but the roads. 

I'm going to be in Idaho the second week of May.  I'll see if the roads got any better or worse since the last time I was there in August. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IBMobile said:

The main problem is the politicians spending the gas and car tax money on every pet project but the roads. 

Bingo, I work for a city myself and know about hidden problems especially under the ground that no one wants to spend money on. They could save all kinds of money if people they hired had a half a brain and we're not lazy, but unfortunately that's not the case. I could go on and on in details but that's not going to solve anything.

On the other hand I live in Iowa and for the most part the roads are in pretty good shape comparing to other places I've been. 

18 hours ago, Bobalos said:

total price on a 20 year old 3/4 ton truck.............. $420.  Mind you $80 of that is the personalized tags (why I keep them I will never know........ they were a "gift" from a friend).

Holy sheet!!  Expensive. I still cuss and screem when my tags come do on the dodge at  140. a year. I’m lucky to live in a non emission area so that helps.

Only a very small portion of registration fees make it to the roads, The fuel tax, both on federal and state level is what generates road and maintenance funds.