• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Can anyone recommend rear lift springs..

If you look at the second pic, there are 2 blocks... The smaller one is the same as on my other stock height Ram 2500... This truck is definitely lifted. (Silver truck is old truck, white one is new truck. Both 99 2500's, the silver one seems more heavy duty. It's got a posi rear end, and I think the springs are different as well...)

received_10215394159992389.jpeg

35993.jpeg

When I look between both of my 99's, they have the same small block, with the snubber catch. The white 99 has the big block in addition... Also, in that pick, there are 5 wheels and tires in the bed, plus the headache rack it sort of heavy too. It's sagging a little from empty.

But, I have digressed... I'd like to ditch this blocks for re-arced springs... I just don't like the idea of 400hp/800ftlb going through that axle, and having all that leverage on the springs... Seems it would get a lot of spring wrap.

Also, the 20" wheels kind of throw off the visual as well... Those are 35"or36" tires... I forgot the actual size...

I haven't looked into traction bars yet. This truck doesn't have enough power right now to need them.... The motor in the other truck might just find it's way into this one... That's the one with 400hp.

Yes, both trucks are 4x4... You can't tell? 

Small block, as in 360 v8? 

I meant... On the white truck, there is a thinner block stacked on top of the tall block... And, the thinner block is the same as the one on my silver truck. 

I'd rather have a taller spring, and less blocks.

Ok... Yeah, we are on the same page... Maybe the 99's have a more arced spring, and less block? 

It's hard to tell from year to year... I can take a pic of the silver truck spring and block later, and compare the two... I went back and forth between them with a friend one day a while back... We both thought the springs looked a little different between them, but that block, with the snubber bump perch, we're the same... They just stuffed a big tall block between the axle and stock block.