• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Where does this ground cable go?

Came off the HVAC or maybe the ECM or who knows while taking the dash off. I thought it was something obvious and easy to remember but I can't remember or find a place for it to go for the life of me. Any ideas?

post-45-13869816597_thumb.jpg

Dang, this surely was not my best reinstallation. I havent put the center console back yet but I have at least 6 of those little black screws left, some bolts and nuts that I am pretty sure don't go to the center console, I even have a big plate left over :lmao: Think it goes under the steering column somewhere. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, taking it off seemed daunting but going back together you realize there really isn't that much to it. Then again I obviously skipped half the bolts lol. I'll just keep them on hand till I take it off again. Air still blows really good so at least that works. Switches between all the vents. Good enough :cool:

• Owner

Dang, this surely was not my best reinstallation. I havent put the center console back yet but I have at least 6 of those little black screws left, some bolts and nuts that I am pretty sure don't go to the center console, I even have a big plate left over :lmao: Think it goes under the steering column somewhere. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, taking it off seemed daunting but going back together you realize there really isn't that much to it. Then again I obviously skipped half the bolts lol. I'll just keep them on hand till I take it off again. Air still blows really good so at least that works. Switches between all the vents. Good enough :cool:

Shame on you ISX... I had more faith in you to complete a job without left over hardware... :nono: Or should I start another thread about dynamic timing? :lmao2::lmao:

Yeah I know, I was ashamed too. I thought it would be something simple, but when there is half a million bolts that all are the same and a million holes that may or may not have had screws, eh, yeah it got to be just see if it fits or even screws in. I am going to look in the chiltons thinger I left at apartment and see if it gives me any finer details. I'll take more pics next time. Interesting thing is I didn't have a single thing in excess or loss with the engine removal and installation :lol: I might tear it out again in august after college, taking careful note of everything. :banghead:Hmm dynamic timing... I was kinda wanting you to give me a constructive reply to that lol, just cause I took a somewhat defensive role didn't mean I wasn't willing to be schooled :smart: I can only reply based on what I know or have experience so I am always open to be ***proven*** wrong. But more info about anything I might already know is nice too, like flman's A/C stuff that I want to hear so much more about :drool:

• Owner

Yeah I know, I was ashamed too. I thought it would be something simple, but when there is half a million bolts that all are the same and a million holes that may or may not have had screws, eh, yeah it got to be just see if it fits or even screws in. I am going to look in the chiltons thinger I left at apartment and see if it gives me any finer details. I'll take more pics next time. Interesting thing is I didn't have a single thing in excess or loss with the engine removal and installation :lol: I might tear it out again in august after college, taking careful note of everything. :banghead:

Hmm dynamic timing... I was kinda wanting you to give me a constructive reply to that lol, just cause I took a somewhat defensive role didn't mean I wasn't willing to be schooled :smart: I can only reply based on what I know or have experience so I am always open to be ***proven*** wrong. But more info about anything I might already know is nice too, like flman's A/C stuff that I want to hear so much more about :drool:

Actually no... I was hoping to wind you back up again... :lmao2:

Just wanted to give you a ration of crap...:tongue:

I think next time you do the short cut...:lmao2:

Eh, I hate having to work around things, or just barely be able to get something out. I mean I took the engine out mainly to helicoil the fuel plate screws which would have been just as easy to take the brake fluid crap off and be able to get to it just as easily, but I wanted to be 100% sure I was drilling in straight and everything so I just took it out. Plus you can always learn more doing it how I do it.. Hopefully anyways :lol:

It is VERY reassuring to see that I am not the only one who talks to himself, has problems finding screws, nuts, and bolts, the right tool, bumps his head and elbows, curses, and has such "great fun" working on his truck. In my case the language gets pretty bad with some problem cases and the video recorder would probably spontaneously burst into flames and explode. :lmao2::lmao::lol::thumbup2: At least you can actually see what you are working on. I have to constantly take my glasses on and off and change glasses for better magnification, on top of sweating like a horse. :rolleyes:

It is VERY reassuring to see that I am not the only one who talks to himself, has problems finding screws, nuts, and bolts, the right tool, bumps his head and elbows, curses, and has such "great fun" working on his truck. In my case the language gets pretty bad with some problem cases and the video recorder would probably spontaneously burst into flames and explode. :lmao2::lmao::lol::thumbup2: At least you can actually see what you are working on. I have to constantly take my glasses on and off and change glasses for better magnification, on top of sweating like a horse. :rolleyes:

:lmao: I actually held back a lot because I knew I might stick it on here. I have 10 other movies of when I was taking the dash out which I didn't really hold back in, mainly why I didn't upload them :lol: I have tools all over my truck from the removal/install, I haven't put any of them up so it's a complete mess. I still have to put center console in. That will be fun I'm sure lol Sometimes worse vision is better, I took off twice as many electrical connections than I needed to that all caught my eye. Some things were way up in the dash and I didn't even need to mess with them. I thought the radio antenna wire had to be pulled out but that actually has a connection on the passenger side right on the lower corner of the dash that you just disconnect.