• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

MNRAM

Would you know the dementions of the unit? I have two cubby holes in the dash and if it would fit in one of them then that's where I would like to mount it. I would drill a hole in the back of the cubby hole and run the cord through there. Also, how long a cord do they send with it? I know you can order a six foot cord but I don't think I would need that much.

• Owner

Would you know the dementions of the unit? I have two cubby holes in the dash and if it would fit in one of them then that's where I would like to mount it. I would drill a hole in the back of the cubby hole and run the cord through there. Also, how long a cord do they send with it? I know you can order a six foot cord but I don't think I would need that much.

Here you go the dimensions of the ScanGaugeII http://www.scangauge.com/products/sg2photos/index.shtml

• 8 months later...

not to hi-jack but I've been emailing Scanguage for the past 2years about when they are going to have the codes for the X-gauge for Dodge. When I bought it they said 2-3months and they'll have the codes I emailed them 4-5 times since with the same response now there not even replying to my emails. Have you inquired about the X-Gauges MoparMan?

• Owner

not to hi-jack but I've been emailing Scanguage for the past 2years about when they are going to have the codes for the X-gauge for Dodge. When I bought it they said 2-3months and they'll have the codes I emailed them 4-5 times since with the same response now there not even replying to my emails. Have you inquired about the X-Gauges MoparMan?

As a matter of fact I was asking if they could come up with a corrected XGauge for the MAP sensor so we can see corrected values... But my emails are slow to get responses... I'm going to try calling them soon... Here is the contact info on them... http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/cummins/manufacture/manufacture.htm

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Owner

Yes... Because what matters is the GPH (flow rate) and MPH (speed) to make MPG numbers... Edge Drag is tapped like my Edge Comp and everyone thing of just because it tapped that the ECM can't see the signal... This is untrue... The ECM can see the change in signal but can't alter it. So the Edge pushes the fuel pulse forward in time and extends the pulse length. But the ECM still seeing this so it not being lied to really... It being pushed beyond it normal limits.

• Owner

i believe smarty alters the ECU's fueling,timing,and boost maps...but its still the ECU sees the info

if i understand bluechip's redline correctly, the ECU and FPCM can see whats happening...just powerless to change the data

Correct... The Addon box or programmer alters the data and forces the new values apond the system but the ECM and VP44 are "powerless to change the data"...

So in this light the SG II will work just fine because the fueling data and speed data can be calibrated too. Where the stock "Overhead Idiot" is fixed for stock tires, stock gearing, stock fueling, etc... So if you modify any of these things then the overhead idiot fails to report accurate data... Where the SG II can be re-calibrated to the new data...