• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The whole purpose of the test is to completely disconnect the Quad from the truck including the map sensor. Then you will need to drive the truck. You should be able to feel the boost and hear the turbo charger. Are you just revving the engine or are you driving the truck? Free revving the engine in the driveway will produce no boost.

I know me neither since there’s no shaft play or anything wrong with the turbo and I check the wg moves fine for what I was able to see. I also try driving the truck with the wg line cut off and plug but same problem so don’t think is the wg. My fuel on idle is around 19psi and driving goes down to 15 psi. No smoke at all. Also I’m running just straight pipe to mid truck 

Edited by jr99cummins

• Staff

Have you verified that the boost pressure on the Quadzilla is indeed 0 psi by installing a test gauge pre and post intercooler.  You can install it at the fitting on the turbo for the waste gate hose for pre intercooler and at the 1/2 npt plug in the intake manifold next to the fuel filter for post intercooler pressure.

O'Reilly's may have one that you can "rent" for free or you can buy one inexpensively for about $14-$30.

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/diagnostics/fuel-pump-and-vacuum-tester-62637.html