• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Reliable Online Parts Stores

So I'm looking for a Drier/ Accumulator and an orface tube and the cheapest place to find parts for both of those is Partsgeek for $20/piece. I know about being weary of online stores like Rock Auto and such but I didnt know if anyone has bought their A/C parts or what. Anything helps as always, thanks!

• Owner

I've bought through RockAuto in the past for A/C parts. Now I tend to stick with NAPA at least if there is a part mix up it much easier to drive to the local store than attempting to box it all back up and get it shipped in the mail. Wait for it... Then Wait some more for the new part to come. This just makes a simple A/C job into 1-week to 2-week project which has happened in the past doing online parts. 

Trying to get parts too cheap you might run into other issues. I've had in the past where the part was right but the o-rings were wrong. The part fit fine but ended up removing again and replacing all the o-rings because the o-rings were just too small in diameter.

• Like 1

I have ordered a lot parts from Rock Auto. So far all has been well dealing with them. Parts geek is most likely the same. They are a mail order place also. I have seen bad revues from on most any of them. The bad ones seem to be more popular. I have ordered both the drier and the line with the orifice tube in it from RA and am about in need of doing it again. Not because they failed but because i am going to have to open the system up again. I would not be more afraid of one or the other.