• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS or Divider

My rear brakes are real touchy and been that way for a while. The Hydro boost started leaking so replaced and everything was good for 2 days and now back to locking up right rear. I ordered a divider valve today just because it was cheap enough to throw at it. No codes or anything so what do you think? 

• Owner

Rear drum or disc brakes?

Drum brakes could be a rust or corrosion issue in the drum. I had this same problem where it would lock up the rear tires really easy on my 1996 Dodge Ram 1500. The thin layer of rust would be just enough to get the brake shoes to be grabby. Might just pull the drums and inspect the insides for rust or broken parts. 

• Owner

Time to grease those brake pads... :lmao::lmao2:(You know I'm just joking right?!) :whistle2:

Seriously, I've got to ask what type of brake shoes are you using? If you are using too aggressive of a shoe material it might be creating a grabby condition like some of the clutches can. Might consider changing shoes out for some baseline generics if you are using any kind of premium brake shoes.