• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel economy on iQuad

adamey1000

1 hour ago, adamey1000 said:

offset and AVG reset are both turned on.

I would only set these to "on" when you are trying to reset them. You basically want to toggle them on then off to reset the gallons used per trip and the AVG_MPG. I'm concerned that with them on when you connect the app it will resend the signal to reset them every time it connects. 

Also, having to try a few times disconnecting and reconnecting the Adrenaline before it flashes is perfectly normal. We have to do that all the time here too. 

I have now re-flashed the box, checked all of my wiring, and reloaded the vehicle profile. Every time i shut the struck off it resets the average mpg and the gallon trip. This morning after the gallon trip got up to around .2 gallons used, i pulled over and shut the truck off with the app running. as soon as i restarted the truck, every sensor was consistent with pre-shut down with the exception of the mpg and gallon trip. They reset to 0. power level, coolant temp, and everything else was still reading good, but non of those require any memory to read accurately. mpg offset is turned on and set at 155%, eco reset is turned off.  what am i missing?

Turn the MPG OFFSET to off. It doesn't need to be on to be funcitonal. You only need to set to to ON when you are resetting the Gallons used. Everytime you are connected to the Adrenaline, you are resetting it because the APP is seeing that you have it set and is sending the signal to reset it. Turn it to OFF. It will still apply the MPG offset, but it will no longer reset the gallons used per trip. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Turn the MPG OFFSET to off. It doesn't need to be on to be funcitonal. You only need to set to to ON when you are resetting the Gallons used. Everytime you are connected to the Adrenaline, you are resetting it because the APP is seeing that you have it set and is sending the signal to reset it. Turn it to OFF. It will still apply the MPG offset, but it will no longer reset the gallons used per trip. 

That makes sense. It’ll be a week or so before I get back home to try, but I’ll update you guys as soon as I try it. I assumed that the on switch actually was turning the offset on. 

• Owner
8 minutes ago, Quadzilla Power said:

Yes, it is confusing. I'm sure you're not the last person this will affect. I wish I could have named it something different. 

I think its time to consider rebuilding the UI / UX for the iQuad app again. There is a minor issue like this. How about the Eq Sliders. You're trying to see where the slider land in the green or red zone but you can't see that because the slider is right over the break of the red and green. The trip reset should be just a button, not an on/off switch. iQuad app should remember your last screen position instead of panning to it every time. Might be time for a bit of software tweaking on the iQuad app.

• 2 months later...
7 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Make sure both red leads are hooked up. There is one red lead that goes to +12V battery and the red white that goes in the cab to fuse #9 if I'm not mistaken.

Both leads are hooked up. Solid red lead is connected to the stud on the main fuse panel, red and white to the cab fuse #9. Changed the fuse for good measure, but no luck. I would imagine that the red and white wire is to signal the quad that the key is on. It is basically functioning as a relay, is it not? So if it were not getting key on signals, the quad would never switch on. Box power is coming from the battery lead, which should also be the power source for memory. So in theory, if the box is powering on, there should be no problem with the power leads. Is my understanding correct?

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Another way is to set up the EGT cooldown feature and see if the engine stays running after the key is turned off. If so both leads are correct. 

Might be time to contact Spencer @Quadzilla Power and ask him. @Me78569 might know too.

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

does your power level stay the same from key off to key on or does it always revert back to lvl 0

Turbo cool down set, works as designed. The power level stays the same. Always returns to previous power level set after warm up temp is reached. My settings on offset, de-fuel, warm-up, etc. are remembered as well, but I suspect they are stored in the app not in the quad. 

6 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Wrong vehicle. 

V2 Dodge 1998-2002 - Version 2.7 is current. 

Does that profile support the average mpg gauge? I know that it did not when it was first released. Would I need to reflash the quad box to use it in that profile?