• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Surging and Turbo Bark under heavy throttle

I've read this turbo information because it's interesting and I'll some day upgrade my turbo to better match 7x009 injectors and programmer 

I read through it all on in back of my mind I dont get the its the turbo causing the bark. 

I also feel the pump needs addressed soon  even if it is the turbo a upgraded turbo is going want more fuel and be pulling from a pump that's barely hanging in there and may still surge.

My guess is you were set on  buying a turbo before starting the thread as you've got the 500 mark on the brain.

I may need to readjust the bost elbow then. I cant remember but I believe I just closed the port all the way and backed it a turn and it was right at 32. Might have came loose. And with my pump, I'll  try increasing the pressure before I buy a new pump.

• 5 months later...
On 8/12/2018 at 9:13 AM, Dustin24v said:

I may need to readjust the bost elbow then. I cant remember but I believe I just closed the port all the way and backed it a turn and it was right at 32. Might have came loose. And with my pump, I'll  try increasing the pressure before I buy a new pump.

Did you ever figure out what the cause was? My father just started noticing it in his truck after I installed a new AEM HD intake. He has an 01 Dodge Ram 2500 ext cab long bed automatic trans with a triple disk TC. Banks tuner, high ram intake, 4” turbo back exhaust and a banks wastegste mod.