• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dirty Injectors? Clean them!

I've been messing around with this stuff http://www.mothers.com/02_products/05100-05101.html and after seeing countless exceptional results, I took out one of the 3 injectors I have never cleaned and tried it. That stuff takes the carbon off after a minute of rubbing but the abrasive in it is so fine, I think it hardly touches the injector nozzle. I messed with it for 5 min and couldn't get it to even scratch the nozzle. So I think it is the absolute best stuff to use to clean the injectors. Just make sure to use some brake cleaner on it to get it all the polishing compound out.

post-45-138698169178_thumb.jpg

post-45-138698169184_thumb.jpg

It actually says "not recommended on painted metals, chrome, if it doesn't have black residue it is not polishable!" They would make a ton of money if they would erase that. I've been running around doing little spots on everything and can't see anything negative about it. My dad even has road oil all over his truck that he couldn't get off with diesel fuel or break cleaner, but that stuff take it off after a minute. I want to take another injector out but clean the tip longitudinally. The lateral marks I am pretty sure are from the process to make the nozzle, but I want to make sure and show how it won't scratch it.

Took the last 2 out that I have never cleaned and did my test of cleaning it longitudinally. Just as I thought, it won't scratch it. Whatever they use as an abrasive is only hard enough to get the carbon off. The picture shows the result of what I did in the video, in case you can't see it. It cleans a lot better if you twist is on the nozzle but I had to test the scratch theory.

post-45-138698169207_thumb.jpg