Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Can I have two bad thermostats in a row

I found the problem! All the thremostats that I found did look a little different from what I had. While at the counter at Advance auto a lady behind the counter walked by when I was explaining to the other counter person what was going on. She took over from the first person and ask if it was a late or a early 98 and I told her a late. She pulled both and nether looked like what I had originally had. At that point she pulled one for a 99 and there it was just like I had. Went home and installed it and all is good. Flat road , 85 degrees out with the AC on right at 191, 195 up the steepest hill I can find locally  never below 188.

I took a pic. and you can see the difference. I thought that maybe a up date or a different manufacturer so I didn't question it. The flow has got to be twice the stock unit. The one on the right is the old one the one on the left is what 2 different parts houses gave me.

thermostat 2.jpg

thermostat 1.jpg

• Staff
1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

The bypass valve part is a bit bigger and tapered slightly for a good seal. 

Any pics of that part of it?

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

They really did change the design quite a bit. 

Who is they? Cummins or aftermarket?

I've got a 4 year old Cummins one in mine that is like the one on the left.