• Announcements

• Me78569

High Idle Kit Sale   09/06/2017

Just in time for Father Winter, we are offering a %10 Discount for the first 10 High Idle switches sold until 10/1/2017.  Just use the coupon code HighIdle at checkout to get %10 off. Visit out store to see details on the High Idle Kit.       

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mopar1973Man

OMG! Safety devices that become harmful...

Mopar1973Man    3,795
Mopar1973Man

I'm sitting here working the forum and listening to the scanner of the local sheriff. About 2 miles from me a motorhome had a flat tire not a blow out but just a flat tire. The onboard computer shutdown the engine and left the motorhome stranded in a blind corner. The local sherif was calling for a tow and the owner must of a found a way to temporary disable the tire sensor to get off the road... They are now calling off the tow truck... I'm so glad I don't have all hese weird features on my truck... I use what called a tire pressure gauge and check my tire pressures often... In 24 years of driving I've only had a few flat tires... Mostly being off road...:rolleyes:

cummins2k    0
cummins2k

Yeah something like that I could see causing more of a safety concern than preventing one. If the driver is unable to move the vehicle off a roadway they are very likely to be in an accident.My wifes Ford Focus has a seat belt alarm that is so distracting that I could easily see it causing an accident. I know I put up with it for a week before the dealership fixed it.

AH64ID    650
AH64ID

Thats just stupid! I would be having a serious case of the arse with whoever designed that!Rims are cheap, a "safety" feature like that could cost lives.