• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

OMG! Safety devices that become harmful...

• Owner

I'm sitting here working the forum and listening to the scanner of the local sheriff. About 2 miles from me a motorhome had a flat tire not a blow out but just a flat tire. The onboard computer shutdown the engine and left the motorhome stranded in a blind corner. The local sherif was calling for a tow and the owner must of a found a way to temporary disable the tire sensor to get off the road... They are now calling off the tow truck... I'm so glad I don't have all hese weird features on my truck... I use what called a tire pressure gauge and check my tire pressures often... In 24 years of driving I've only had a few flat tires... Mostly being off road...:rolleyes:

Yeah something like that I could see causing more of a safety concern than preventing one. If the driver is unable to move the vehicle off a roadway they are very likely to be in an accident.My wifes Ford Focus has a seat belt alarm that is so distracting that I could easily see it causing an accident. I know I put up with it for a week before the dealership fixed it.