• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Best Way to Dry Carpet INSIDE the Truck?

• Staff

That's a lot of water, I hope you find where its coming from.

Do you have the cab marker lights?

Also is it possible you forgot and left a window down in a heavy downpour?

Edited by JAG1

15 hours ago, JAG1 said:

That's a lot of water, I hope you find where its coming from.

Do you have the cab marker lights?

Also is it possible you forgot and left a window down in a heavy downpour?

I have can lights and no I didn't leave them down. I found where it's leaking for sure and that'd be at the drain. My paper towel was soaked coming home from school today, here are some pictures.

First two are just the water and where it's coming from for reference on where to go from here

The last pic is obviously my control arms soaked with water to show it's not clogged.

What are your guy's thoughts on just caulking around that plastic bit that goes into the firewall for the drain??

IMG_20180918_161609517.jpg

IMG_20180918_161606664.jpg

IMG_20180918_161907225.jpg

You can seal it if you want to, cant hurt, but by all means put a hose or fitting or whatever you wish to get the water away from the hole. Mine did it twice until i fugured it out. I put the hose on it and it has not happened again in the years since I put it on. They came factory with a fitting to do that very thing. 

8 minutes ago, dripley said:

You can seal it if you want to, cant hurt, but by all means put a hose or fitting or whatever you wish to get the water away from the hole. Mine did it twice until i fugured it out. I put the hose on it and it has not happened again in the years since I put it on. They came factory with a fitting to do that very thing. 

Like put a hose over the drain in the engine bay correct? I was planning on going tonight to get some hose to do just that.

Yes. It does not even have to be a hose. Anything that gets the water flow away or below the hole in the fire wall will work. I chose the hose just because it was the first thing that came mind back then. And I never sealed the hole either, but it cant hurt anything to do it.

There is more than one way to skin this cat and if it works who can say your wrong.

At least you know the problem.

5 minutes ago, dripley said:

Yes. It does not even have to be a hose. Anything that gets the water flow away or below the hole in the fire wall will work. I chose the hose just because it was the first thing that came mind back then. And I never sealed the hole either, but it cant hurt anything to do it.

There is more than one way to skin this cat and if it works who can say your wrong.

At least you know the problem.

I'll get on that. Thanks man.

3 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Notice how Dripley says, 'skin the cat' ? Thats because he don't want to admit how many chickens he's plucked. He's sick of it...... He works for Chic-Fil-A. :lmao::lmao:

I'd be sick of it too! :lmao:I always kinda wondered about the joke surrounding the chicken thing, guess I know now.

1 minute ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Hence the nickname "Chicken Man". Dave is an awesome gent I've talked to many of times and shared a beer on the phone numbers of times. One of these days we just might meet.

Well thank you my friend. That day will come.

9 minutes ago, dripley said:

I guess this means the chicken is out of the bag now. Sum beach.:lmao2:

But lets get this part straight, I build them. I am the construction super. I could never work in one.

Are you in charge of them in your area or all over the US? We got one near me about 3 or 4 years ago, that'd be pretty cool if you had a part in it!

3 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

Are you in charge of them in your area or all over the US? We got one near me about 3 or 4 years ago, that'd be pretty cool if you had a part in it!

Closest I got you was Tulsa OK. The company I work for has built several out that way, yours maybe. We are licensed in 35 states so we cover alot of ground.

4 minutes ago, dripley said:

Closest I got you was Tulsa OK. The company I work for has built several out that way, yours maybe. We are licensed in 35 states so we cover alot of ground.

We have one in Derby, and two in Wichita. For sure one of my favorite places to eat. Let me know if you guys got anymore planned near me, that'd be a fun welding job and a good summer job for me if things get slow.

5 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I call him a 'free range chicken' cause he builds 'em all over the place. From what I understand he is the only one that gets them completed and operating in the shortest amount of time. 

Thats pretty impressive if I do say so myself.

23 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I call him a 'free range chicken' cause he builds 'em all over the place. From what I understand he is the only one that gets them completed and operating in the shortest amount of time. 

Funny you should mention that since I am now the record holder for W H Bass with the longest CFA we ever built. 14.5 months. 

• Haha 1

This was a bit different in that we built a new next to an old and demo'd the old one.they were supposed to close the store for 2 months for the transistion, but operator decided he did not want to do that, he wanted no more than a week of down time. Pretty much turned into 2 jobs instead of one.

Poured the footings and found out none the engineer's of CFA's paper work was submitted for my plumber to get a permit. For ten weeks I showed up on Monday, sat in the lot, watched the weeds grow and went home on Friday. Started back up and we made change after change after change. I finally told them that i needed a set of drawings for them all instead of emails and sketches. The architect sent me a set of just the changed pages. The roll of plans was 40 pages thick. It just never got any better. Prince George's county Maryland is a difficult place work at best on top of that.

CFA paid for every day the job went over including the profit we should have made on that long a job. Hate to think what they spent on that store. Though that store grosses 7 to 8 million bucks a year. They could afford it.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dripley said:

This was a bit different in that we built a new next to an old and demo'd the old one.they were supposed to close the store for 2 months for the transistion, but operator decided he did not want to do that, he wanted no more than a week of down time. Pretty much turned into 2 jobs instead of one.

Poured the footings and found out none the engineer's of CFA's paper work was submitted for my plumber to get a permit. For ten weeks I showed up on Monday, sat in the lot, watched the weeds grow and went home on Friday. Started back up and we made change after change after change. I finally told them that i needed a set of drawings for them all instead of emails and sketches. The architect sent me a set of just the changed pages. The roll of plans was 40 pages thick. It just never got any better. Prince George's county Maryland is a difficult place work at best on top of that.

CFA paid for every day the job went over including the profit we should have made on that long a job. Hate to think what they spent on that store. Though that store grosses 7 to 8 million bucks a year. They could afford it.

Hey at least you got paid for other peoples screw ups! That sounds like the perfect example of Murphy's law for sure.

• Like 1