• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ECM Auto or Manual does it matter?

Okay, I was able to get my hands on a very nice meter tonight and these were my readings. The first pic is my truck the second pic is my buddies truck. I thought my readings looked good but was wondering if my buddies was borderline? Thanks again for all the help!!

20180918_182110.jpg

20180918_182853.jpg

2 hours ago, dripley said:

I need some help with this. I have an Innova, $30, the meter only has one setting for AC. The paper work says it auto adjusts. Whenever I take the reading on the alternator it reprents the reading as 0.010 or whatever. A couple years back I had an electrician on the job with his Fluke meter and his only had the one setting and he told it auto adjusts. His read the same way. Am I missing something? 

Dripley, I tried two meters before the one pictured above with no luck at all. I'm not sure why but the cheaper meters just don't read the same.

• Owner

44mV AC is borderline. (50 mV random problems start - 100mV is a fail.)

26mV AC is normal. (20 to 30mV)

Now if you did the W-T ground mod it will drop even lower. Be warned do not do the ground mod to cover up bad diodes. Replace the diodes first or replace the alternator before doing the ground mod. 

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Now if you did the W-T ground mod it will drop even lower. Be warned do not do the ground mod to cover up bad diodes. Replace the diodes first or replace the alternator before doing the ground mod.  

Great! I'm gonna do the ground mod now that I've verified my numbers are good. My buddie is gonna go ahead and grab a diode set from the sight here then we'll do his ground mod.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Hobinator1 said:

Dripley, I tried two meters before the one pictured above with no luck at all. I'm not sure why but the cheaper meters just don't read the same.

I got cheap at home i know wont but Innova does and its not expensive by any means. The ground mod really works good. Mine went from 0.035 to 0.010.

• Like 1