• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Vehicle Log App - Simply Auto

Mopar1973Man

• Owner

Well gang... I might just retire the old method of written hand logs and finally move up to an electronics means of logging fuel and maintenance on the trucks. I found an app named Simply Auto for Android. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mrigapps.andriod.fuelcons&hl=en_US

The part I like about it is that is for the $4 dollars you can have 3 different drivers/devices adding to the logs. For example, if you have your phone on you and you add fuel to the vehicle your wife/girlfriend device/phone will be updated as well. If she now takes the vehicle and has an oil change done she can update the app and you'll know the task has been done. 

Then you have all your data on the cloud and never have to worry about losing your information. I went ahead and inputted all my logs for the 1996 Dodge 1500 and then went over to the web page and logged in and you can see my data for the 1996 Dodge 1500 truck now. Nice to see my last tank of fuel I hit 17.05 MPG.

Screenshot from 2018-09-14 08-24-04.png

As you page through all the data provided you'll find out there is a ton of different things this app can do. You can even log trips for mileage for medical or for tax reasons or for reimbursement. You can make all your maintenance logs custom values for anything you wish time wise, mileage or both (which ever happens first).

• Owner

So far I'm really starting to enjoy this app. It's working awesome. It will chime on your phone or device letting you know of needed maintenance. I've been going back to the FSM's and getting the maintenance intervals plugged into the "Reminder" section. 

The other thing I enjoy is being able to compare to time periods in the logs. Say for example last month versus this month. I can see cost, MPG and other values compared to each other. See if my changes have made a good impact or bad impact. Like since I'm currently running the 1996 Dodge been the head gasket issues on the 2002 Dodge. I've been able to improve from last month (16.01 MPG) to this month (16.23 MPG) on the 1996 Dodge. Then looking at this year (15.13 MPG) to last year (13.69 MPG).

• Owner

Like I'm learning from this app I can safely now drop from 91 octane to 89 octane and not lose MPG but also still no knock or ping issues. The cost per mile is now down to 20 cent per mile on the 1996 Dodge and still able to shave a bit more off. I miss quoted the Cummins its actually 17 cents a mile so I'm close. 

• 1 month later...
  • Owner
59 minutes ago, 01cummins4ever said:

Is this app  a 1 time fee or monthly charges ? 

One time fee for the $4 price.

What I did was bought the app and then at home I used the web browser and logged on. Then proceeded to jack in all the data I've got for the last 2 years for the 2002 Dodge and 3 years for the 1996 Dodge. This make it so much easier for tuning now. I can alter my tune just a little run 2 laps to Ontario, OR and the check my data on Simply Auto see if the tweak worked or not.

On the 1996 Dodge all my changes including tires from 235's to 215's, thermostat from 190*F to 180*F and oil change from 10w-30 to 5w-30 has netted me a total gain of nearly +4 MPG. Nearly capable of hitting 18 MPG on that truck now. Old records showing 13 to 14 MPG on average. Cost per mile has dropped to 20 and 21 cents a mile. 

Like on the 2002 after the head gasket my MPG dropped hard to 17 and 18 MPG I had to change up my timing curve and now I smacked two trips at 20 MPG. Now I'm tweaking lightly for another 0.5 Degrees to see if it climbs just a bit more. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1