• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Anyone wanna teach me how to use HPTuners?

TheGreatWhite

4 hours ago, AH64ID said:

Ive never looked at HP’s software, but it can’t be too much different than UDC Pro or EFI, depending on the year. 

Custom tuning isn’t something most people can jump right into and figure out. 

What are the specs on his truck? How does he use it? 

03 1 ton single wheel 6spd with pretty much just an Airdog on it. He is a farrier so he just drives it for mileage.

Just now, AH64ID said:

Even with custom tuning and 03/04 pistons I rarely break 18-19. I have gotten over 20 twice in 30K miles. 

I never ran 03 S-Jr programming but S-JR 04.5-07 tuning never got me over 20, and rarely 19. 

With a 12V tune I can break 19 pretty easy. 

He got 20-22 all the time with the Jr and he was happy about it, then decided to get the custom tuning cause it offered the same and other things without mileage compromise, or at least we thought.

• Staff
14 minutes ago, TheGreatWhite said:

He got 20-22 all the time with the Jr and he was happy about it, then decided to get the custom tuning cause it offered the same and other things without mileage compromise, or at least we thought.

It should be able to get the same mileage, but there are plenty of other things that would effect overall mileage with custom tuning such as duration, pressure, throttle sensitivity, etc. 

Just now, AH64ID said:

It should be able to get the same mileage, but there are plenty of other things that would effect overall mileage with custom tuning such as duration, pressure, throttle sensitivity, etc. 

How much could the fan running affect mileage? His fan runs pretty much all the time on 12v and we don't know why. I can't edit the tune or see what it's doing since the kid locked it

• Staff

It would certainly hurt it, as it takes quite a few hp to run. If it's loud enough to hear then I would guess a couple mpg. 

I lost about 1-1.5 mpg on a road trip where the fan was running about 50% of the time back when I was messing with different fan settings. I never heard it but I could see the fan rpm's and duty cycle were up. 

10 minutes ago, AH64ID said:

It would certainly hurt it, as it takes quite a few hp to run. If it's loud enough to hear then I would guess a couple mpg. 

I lost about 1-1.5 mpg on a road trip where the fan was running about 50% of the time back when I was messing with different fan settings. I never heard it but I could see the fan rpm's and duty cycle were up. 

When we went to go get my 99 motor he had it on 12v and it ran the whole time.

He said it only does that on 90*+ days

• 4 weeks later...