Mopar1973Man.Com LLC
  • Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Diesel fuel vs. pecan

ISX

Stumbled upon this by accident a few hours ago, don’t ask :rolleyes:So we see how similar diesel and a pecan are. This shows exactly how diesel fuel works in the engine. The only difference is that the combustion chamber raises diesel fuel to the auto ignition temperature instantly since it is a mist and takes next to no time at all to get mist droplets to absorb the surrounding heat and ignite. This also shows how the oil in nuts can be used as a fuel, since it is very apparent how it has the same characteristics. I was pretty amazed by how much flame it produced and the duration of it, out of just one little pecan.

Now, how do I get them thru the vp, cross over tubes, and inj.? Filler with premium pecan juice please.

Run them through the Jack Lelanne Power Juice of course! :lol: Yeah it was pretty amazing how long they burned. The story on how I found out...The bag of pecans broke open and a whole bunch went all over the counter and stove and some went under the coil of the burner, I cleaned all the rest up but the ones under the coil. So when I boiled water for spaghetti, the thing smoked for a while and that's when I realized I missed a few, figured they would just turn to charcoal so didn't care, until they all exploded into flames. So I just kinda thought they would go out after a few seconds, then a few more exploded and next thing I knew the whole pot was engulfed :lmao: So then I blew them all out, realized that's why they can be used for biodiesel, and made this video.

ISX the mad scienist... :cookoo: The video should of been how a Ford Diesel works because the ford has glow plugs... :lmao2::lmao: Well the idea is sound but the problem is the price of pecans are spendy and then process them... :rolleyes:

The only idea I had was putting on in pliers and lighting it up and throwing it in a fire to start it :lol: Wonder how many BTU an average pecan has.. hmmm

I'll say it again my friend...........I wish I had your "free time" to think this stuff up!!!!!!:cookoo::cookoo::lmao2::lmao2:

I was gonna say that ISX needs to share the gañjā weed he is smoking with the rest of us! :lmao2::lmao::lol:

That must a been some really good weed! :popcorn:

I was gonna say that ISX needs to share the gañjā weed he is smoking with the rest of us! :lmao2::lmao::lol:

That must a been some really good weed! :popcorn:

Or you could look at it like this...............We were dumb enough to watch a 2.5 minute You Tube video of a "nut" on a stove burner, or..................You and I have been smoking too much "ganga" lately because we've got we've got too much time on our hands like ISX or................that "ganga" was really, really good and we just had to see that nut get toasted because we were toasted!!!!!:ahhh::ahhh::cookoo::cool:

• Owner

I was trying to find the article I read a long time ago about why the diesel engine was invented. Rudolf Diesel created the engine to run off of spoiled peanuts. So when the peanut when bad in the field he would use a cold press and extract the peanut oil for the diesel engine... Don't quote me on this but it was a article I read a while back... :whistle:

I was trying to find the article I read a long time ago about why the diesel engine was invented. Rudolf Diesel created the engine to run off of spoiled peanuts. So when the peanut when bad in the field he would use a cold press and extract the peanut oil for the diesel engine... Don't quote me on this but it was a article I read a while back... :whistle:

that is (nearly) correct. rudolf diesel wasn't the first inventor, but the first to patent it. designed for farmers, cause they could grow there own fuel. it could accept a range of oils by changing the compression ratio(if my history classes serve me well)

You're "NUTZ", Mike!!!!:cookoo::lmao::lmao2:

That should be --- My sex life! Pow I get hot then baybie I'm on fire! Ha Ha

:lmao: Reminds me of the time I was helping another guy who was getting up there in age. We were putting up flood lights and he had this one spot that was very very rocky, with big rocks. So I put the ladder there and said eh, not very sturdy. He grabbed it and shook it (and yes it was still very unstable), he said "oh hell, my sex life is rockier" and flew up the ladder :lol: