• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Figuring drag, HP, and MPG in one calculator...

• Owner

I want to make a spreadsheet of all that too, but factor in RPM. IMHO, I think 1500-1600RPM is most efficient, equating to 50-55mph. This is speaking in a real world sense. 1300-1400RPM might be better, but you get to any hill and now you are lugging it and the turbo is well below spool speed and you can watch your fuel shoot out the exhaust. With that in mind, the only way to really factor it is to get some solid data on just how much more fuel it takes to do 50mph in 4th gear than in 5th. In theory it would be the same, but having to turn the engine more RPM does cost something. Just wondering how to figure it.

• Staff

PPC cards

Performance Planning Card cards? :moon: Yeah, the one a year long hand sucks! Thank god for the PPC program! I had to do one a day at the MTP course this spring, by hand.. I honestly think that was the most annoying part of the course..