• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dyno with quad

So I seen the dyno tune that’s used for tm in the down loads but with having a 5speed and having to start in in the 1:1 ratio. what Would i need to change on it to have max hp and torque. I just installed 100hp injectors last night and will be getting on the dyno this after noon or tomorrow just depends on when they get it calibrated for my torque they said. any help would be appreciated.

If all your re after is # s then I would leave it. I wouldn't drive with the tune as it would be smokey as all get out.

I would suggest you follow the tuning guide if you want a tune setup for your truck.   There are numerous mid injector tunes in the tune area.

Ok yeah I don’t plan on driving with the dyno one. I just seen that you get more torque with it to stump the auto tranny’s and a little less hp so I was just seeing if it would worth changing it. I used the tune build to get me one started and now I’ve just been tweeking it for my truck the injectors made a big difference. The way it runs for sure smoother idle for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just set this tune up haven’t tried it out to see what it does. Do you think it will produce high dyno numbers? I concider it a frankinstine tune after doing a bunch of reading of what guys run on there tunes and what works best for them I came up with this. Do you guys think it will produce good numbers? The shop is finally going to through it on the dyno Tuesday. I was thinking of doing the first run in stock and then set on 5 with this tune and then do the third run with the dyno tune that is in the downloads.

iQuad-2018-11-25-09.11.31.json

• Owner

You going to need to run it on the street through the RPM bands and see how it performs. Be aware high cetane fuels will create an early ignition and high cylinder pressures. Your 30° max might be too high. There was one gent here that just blew a head gasket with 30° timing and had ARP studs already and about 70 PSI of boost.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Your 30° max might be too high. There was one gent here that just blew a head gasket with 30° timing and had ARP studs already and about 70 PSI of boost.

I dont think that had to do with timing just wrong place wrong time.  Gotta remember that every edge turck on the road is maxing timing at 32* on WOT runs above 3k rpm.     

I would expect to see heads blowing off left and right if that was the case

With that other guy blowing a head gasket, there’s a lot that could have caused it not re torquing them after a few heat cycles, not installing studs before other upgrades just a lot variables come into play with a gaskets. I plan on running it today and seeing what it does.

Well got on the dyno and it wouldn’t read. Because something happened with it. They did pulls on it for an hour and half. On stock setting. With only 15 lbs of boost the truck would squat and raise the front pretty good the guy at the place was surprised it did having 6 six straps holding it down. Just by what it was doing he’s guessing that the truck will produce close to 500 once the chip is turned on. I’m hoping to see at least 400-450. He won’t run the truck in 1:1 on the tranny because he doesn’t want to brake the drive line. Or tranny. They hope it will be fixed tomorrow and get back on Thursday.