• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

ABS kicking in

Here is the one issue I have since doing my gear swap. I also replaced my WIF drain on the filter canister before this started. Intermittently but frequently upon braking the pedal will get hard and my brakes will do just what they do   When abs kicks in if you try to lock up your brakes on ice. What could have caused this? 

23 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Time to hit a dealer and have the ABS module flashed with the proper ratio of gears. ABS module isn't seeing speed properly causing this issue. There are two settings on the ABS module for the number of gear teeth and then tire rev per mile. 

OK thanks Mike. I figured it was something with the speed sensor but i swapped the sensor from my parts truck and it just turned on the ABS and Brake lights with a 35 ABS Code. Is it something that can be done on a snap on scanner?

17 minutes ago, Chris O. said:

As far as I know Dana80 Hybrid axle regardless of gear ratio has 120 tone ring tooth count. Sorry guys the tool is on hold until my job and health issues are solved.

Hmm so do you think this is the cause of the abs kicking in since I installed different gear ratio?