• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

DAP Injector Upgrade 7 x 0.010 @ 320 Bar

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Is yours an HO model? 

Oh...and if you are an HO......you are no where near 400 with a wiretap and rv's. If you are an SO with a small input 6 speed then maybe upper mid 3's. Sorry.

I've been noticing the O'Reilly's/Autozone hp calculations thrown around quite a bit here with no actual back up. Not a dig against you. Just being realistic.

Back up for you, Mr. Ben....

dyno one.jpeg

dyno two.jpeg

19 minutes ago, NIsaacs said:

Back up for you, Mr. Ben....

dyno one.jpeg

dyno two.jpeg

Well heck yeah!!!!!

A dyno sheet!!!! On a superflow no less!!!!!!!!!!!

I stand corrected. 

Have fun then!

You are where you need to be then. 

wind your shifts out.

ETA

Realistically the only way that works is you that have a 6speed, small input shaft , and non HO. Those happened for a bit. 

Because there is zero chance of those numbers happening on a wiretapped HO pump with your setup. Sorry. No way. 

Ive have been there and done that with an HO pump. Zero being close to yours. 

I have been close to yours with much larger injectors that the HO pumps respond well to and a plug and play.

HO's and wiretaps = get to play with buttons and maybe get to feel good about your self. Not happening with the electronics.

Edited by Ben

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:29 PM, Ben said:

ETA

Realistically the only way that works is you that have a 6speed, small input shaft , and non HO. Those happened for a bit. 

Because there is zero chance of those numbers happening on a wiretapped HO pump with your setup. Sorry. No way. 

Ive have been there and done that with an HO pump. Zero being close to yours. 

I have been close to yours with much larger injectors that the HO pumps respond well to and a plug and play.

HO's and wiretaps = get to play with buttons and maybe get to feel good about your self. Not happening with the electronics.

I feel good everyday, 400 hp is not required. FYI, the dyno sheets are on level 5, I still have level 6 (hot unlock)….

2001 ETH/DEE factory 6 spd/1-3/8" input shaft. My HO pump is factory original. I have no problem with high RPM's when needed, such as uphill acceleration with a heavy load.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHRZMA3Gsfk

Edited by NIsaacs
  • Like 1

Hey that almost sounds like an old 2 six bits cummins gear grinder.  I had the privilege of driving one years ago-'54 KW 5x3.  Didn't appreciate it so much back then what it was although had an old timer clue me in.  Wish I had paid more attention.  :cry:  :burnout:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Russ Roth said:

Hey that almost sounds like an old 2 six bits cummins gear grinder.  I had the privilege of driving one years ago-'54 KW 5x3.  Didn't appreciate it so much back then what it was although had an old timer clue me in.  Wish I had paid more attention.  :cry:  :burnout:

Nothing sounds as good as an old 275 with the back draft manifold. I had one turned up to a 320 that would stand fire about 12" out the stack. The first time I saw the glow in my mirror, I got goosebumps! This was in a '65 off highway KW that had a log loader mounted on it. It originally was an old South West Forest log truck that they hauled logs into their McNary, Arizona saw mill.

This old guy out of Jerome, AZ has one in a '47 KB12 IH, cool video. Part 1 talks about him building it. He has 20 acres of antiques.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UB4jxD1cEs

PT. one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyT073WNUwI 

10 hours ago, NIsaacs said:

Nothing sounds as good as an old 275 with the back draft manifold. I had one turned up to a 320 that would stand fire about 12" out the stack. The first time I saw the glow in my mirror, I got goosebumps! This was in a '65 off highway KW that had a log loader mounted on it. It originally was an old South West Forest log truck that they hauled logs into their McNary, Arizona saw mill.

This old guy out of Jerome, AZ has one in a '47 KB12 IH, cool video. Part 1 talks about him building it. He has 20 acres of antiques.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UB4jxD1cEs

PT. one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyT073WNUwI 

I have seen both those before.  Really cool rig.   Too bad it isn't a tandem axle but that's just me.  I was told they came in a 275 and 320 horse but have also seen some say there was a 300 horse model earlier than the 320  I have no idea just think they are very cool and I had to watch the vids just for the sake of hearing one again.  I can still remember that sound when I was driving the one I had for a time.  It had been a log truck prior to 5th wheel service.  Still had the log cab guard on it.  Extremely tight clean cab and wish I had it today.  Number of years later I was FF for Portland, OR and was assigned at a station close to the mill where I had driven this rig.  Eventually they contracted with PFB for fire response.  On one of our prefires we were shown a pump house they had to fill the yard system since tank water would not cut it and our boats were quite a ways out.  Lo and behold what was powering the pump but an old gear grinder.  It got fired up at least one of the times I was there but of course I was most likely the only one that knew what that whole deal with the motor was.

@Ben the Smarty for me took a really hard time to learn the tuning to it. the article I wrote seems to apply to the automatic trucks for some weird reason. But at 322 BAR my truck seems as smoke free as ever. And with this new modified valve body I hope its finally smoke free..