• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

DAP Injector Upgrade 7 x 0.010 @ 320 Bar

• Owner

I finally got the 7 x 0.0085 @ 305 bar removed and the 7 x 0.010 @ 320 bar installed. What I noticed right off the bat is the idle is MUCH smoother. Without changing any of my tune on the Quadzilla I had it on level 0 for extended warm up. Then I flip back to my max power level of 7. Once it warmed up it was a bit smokey. Quickly changed up my timing and a few timing setting and cleared a bunch of that up. Enough power it to break the tires loose in 3rd or 4th gear. I've got to play with the tune a bit to clean stuff up for sure. 

+150 HP VCO 7 x 0.010 @ 320 bar are a excellent choice for Quadzilla Adrenaline. 

• Like 2

• Owner

I made a run to town to just play, test drive and get my daily bicycle ride. 

I need to sit down and rebuild my fuel map. I'm going to cut my CANBus fuel back quite a bit and be able to get the wiretap in without the excessive smoke. I brought my timing back down to 14, 18, 22, 26. Runs like an animal. I've done a few low speed WOT runs. This thing is sick and crazy. Boost jumps to 45 PSI and the torque overwhelms the rear tires. Light bit an of pedaling and you can gain the traction back. I've got to focus on EGT control and fuel map. 

Now the beast has a purring lope now. I think its rather cool. Just as your slowing down with the clutch in she'll just purr and lope very mildly. Come to stop it idling smooth as glass. I know for sure the 7 x 0.0085 VCO are well below 280 bar for sure. These at 7 x 0.010 @ 320 bar are awesome!

Neat trick learned today. If you're doing injector install and you don't want to lose prime. Take a small pair of needle nose vise grips and carefully clamp the supply fuel hose off. This will prevent the fuel from running back to the tank. I did my install. Then hopped in the truck and bumped the starter and then release the vise grips. No injector lines loosen. Now just cranked it was only about 5 seconds and it started. 

Now with the AirDog 165 4G pump. WOT run I can draw the fuel pressure fair 3-5 PSI drop now. Yeah, I'm flowing fuel and it shows on the fuel pressure gauge. Still holding above 14 PSI at all times. Idling at 19 PSI

As for the bicycle ride. It was windy and cold. I want to play so I managed to get 2.5 mile ride in. I'll make up tomorrow in Ontario, OR with a longer ride. I'll most likely do a long 10 to 12 miles ride again.

Gotta tag @dieselautopower he'll want to see this...

Tune as of right now...

performance tune.xlsx

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 1

• Owner
49 minutes ago, Dieselfuture said:

I have ball valves on my fuel lines but I only remember to use them when changing filters. :lmao:

Edit 

Forgot to mention my can bus starts at 76, in case it helps.

Thanks @Dieselfuture ...

I've rebuilt my fuel map so I'm starting at 75% and going only up to 120% max fuel. This will allow for a bit more out the wiretap without getting stupid or smokey. Now I'm going out for a test run and see what I get from it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Now with the AirDog 165 4G pump

I did not realize that was the pump you were getting. Can you hear yours run? I cant hear mine at all. Though I have never stuck my head under the truck to listen, just bent over some and still cant hear it. The old one I could hear until I fired the engine off.

8 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

LOL. I thought at first the pump wasn't working. So damn silent I couldn't tell.

I am glad to hear that. I thought the same thing, if it were not for the FP gauge I would have sworn it was not working. My hearing aint what it used to be, but I no longer feel as deaf as my wife tells me am. Might be that selective hearing.

You need good tuning for the bigger injectors. Aren't your 75's smokey and hot? My 50's are with the Comp. I am going to put some rv's back in mine with the HG install. They are much more tame than 50's are. Now when and if I get a Quad I will upgrade to much larger injectors and be able tune most of that out.

• Owner

Always best to start small. You still have the HX35 turbo. You'll need to upgrade turbos to get up in bigger injectors. Like myself I'm at the end for this turbo its maxed out. 

• 7 x 0.010 (+150 HP) @ 320 bar
  • HX35/40 (60/60/12)
  • Quadzilla Adrenaline
  • ARP Studs
  • 4 inch exhaust

@Marcus2000monster You've got a few things going against you.

• Stock HX35W (54/60/12)
  • 53 Block
  • No tuner
  • Stock head bolts

The farthest I would go without a tuner would be RV275 or +50HP. This will stay fairly clean but MPG won't jump much being there is no timing. The 53 blocks are on the weak side and people have cracked them as well as some members here have run them a long ways. You are in the unknown spot being the mileage is low yet. +90 HP with 315 bar is a fairly safe bet. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man

13 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Always best to start small. You still have the HX35 turbo. You'll need to upgrade turbos to get up in bigger injectors. Like myself I'm at the end for this turbo its maxed out. 

• 7 x 0.010 (+150 HP) @ 320 bar
  • HX35/40 (60/60/12)
  • Quadzilla Adrenaline
  • ARP Studs
  • 4 inch exhaust

@Marcus2000monster You've got a few things going against you.

• Stock HX35W (54/60/12)
  • 53 Block
  • No tuner
  • Stock head bolts

The farthest I would go without a tuner would be RV275 or +50HP. This will stay fairly clean but MPG won't jump much being there is no timing. The 53 blocks are on the weak side and people have cracked them as well as some members here have run them a long ways. You are in the unknown spot being the mileage is low yet. +90 HP with 315 bar is a fairly safe bet. 

I’m tempted to get rid of my truck and get a non 53 block but I’ll never find a truck like mine. I’ll prob grab another set of 75s vco or 50s eggs are 650 to 700 cruising at 70 and they’re a bit Smokey but not bad.... 

• Owner

A tuner would help you ton right now. You can clean up your current injectors a ton load if you had a way to control fuel and timing. That how I limped on those +75 HP (7 x 0.0085) with low pop pressure. I was able to crank up the timing pretty aggressive to get the fuel to light completely. 

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

A tuner would help you ton right now. You can clean up your current injectors a ton load if you had a way to control fuel and timing. That how I limped on those +75 HP (7 x 0.0085) with low pop pressure. I was able to crank up the timing pretty aggressive to get the fuel to light completely. 

New injectors 375$ new qaud 700$ They’re is no way I can afford a qaud right. Ow and I need my truck to be dependable. 

14 minutes ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I’m tempted to get rid of my truck and get a non 53 block but I’ll never find a truck like mine.

I have a family friend that cracked a 53 block in an RV with about 40,000 miles or so... But it had a cooling system failure on an long grade and overheated. I haven't read much about the 53 blocks, but from what I've heard, overheating the engine can lead to the cracking. That said, have you considered running a 180° thermostat to help keep the block in one piece? To me it would be cheap insurance.