• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2001 Bumper Differences

Hi All,

How Screwed am I?  So the P.O. coated the front bumper and rear bumper with bed liner, and oh Yea he coated the grill as well.  He thought that it looked great.  I bought the truck knowing that they bolt on.  That said I came home with Stock Front and Rear Bumpers for $200.  I was cleaning the front bumper prior to installation when I noticed that the lower front cut out was full rectangular.  My bumper has a round hole for the Fog lights.  So Crap now what?  Also I have seen ads for year conversion bumper brackets (Gen 3 for Gen 2 trucks?), has anyone put a later bumper on?

Yes it is 3D, with texture.  The good news is that you don't slip off the front bumper kneeling on it to work on the motor.  Nor do you work on the motor in Shorts, unless you want to be a Blood Donor.  If anyone wants some straight BLACK Bumpers I'm your man.

Thanks Michael

P.S.  Just to make sure I was paying attention he coated the Rubber pads on the rear bumper.  You can't make this stuff up, Honest!

Front Grill Black Bed Liner Left side view.jpg

Front Grill Black Bed Liner.jpg

Haha, maybe so, but I like American whisky better than Canadian whisky!

I'm gonna be honest. I left the plastic pieces on my tailgate. I decided to give it a shot to see what happened, could always strip it off and do it again. To my surprise it sealed up perfect and kept the detailed look. Just lost the color contrast I suppose. But... A bumper, being stepped on, I don't know...

A ***** to clean with all the crevasses in there but you can probably just pressure wash the whole mess.

Got asked the last time up, Why I was coming to Canada, I replied for a decent Beer.  He saw I was originally from Ottawa and let me in anyways.

Michael

• Like 1

The cut outs in my bumper are rectangular also. The plastic inserts behind the bumper have the round holes for the fog lights. This is for a non Sport bumper. Not sure what the sport bumper is like.

On a different note, I like either Canadian or American whiskey when some ine else is buying. :cheers:

• Like 1