• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Toy

For a few years now I have had a woodworking business on the side as a hobby/extra income.  I do a lot of wood turning, mainly bowls, as well as custom furniture.  I use only traditional joinery techniques with no metal fasteners.  If you've ever watched Roy Underhill on the Wood Wright's shop, that's what I'm going for.  

I started looking for a new niche side hustle that both myself and my wife can do.  My brother has a pretty successful CNC routing side business that he does pretty well with.  I was looking for something similar but didn't want to step on his toes, so I bought a CNC Fiber Laser.  It's a 20w Chinese special .  To buy something similar made in the US would have run around 15k.  I didn't want to invest that much and my venture be a failure.

I pulled the trigger on it right after Christmas and it should be off the boat early next week.  I'm excited to get it.  It can engrave just about any material and comes with a rotary positioner to do round objects like YETI cups, etc.

There's going to be a substantial learning curve on operating it but I have a CAD and robotics background so it shouldn't be too bad.  I'm applying for my FFL in order to be able to engrave firearms also.  There's some great fiber laser videos on YOUTUBE if you want to check them out.  Will have better pics once I get it!

Screenshot_20190306-161028.png

• Like 1

Good for you.  I hope it works out for you.  It would be cool to get some M1973M Yeti cups for sale on the site.  Rather than buying Yeti I have bought several RTIC (made in the same Chinese factory as YETI for half the price) and I drink out of it everyday. 

15 minutes ago, Hawkez said:

Good for you.  I hope it works out for you.  It would be cool to get some M1973M Yeti cups for sale on the site.  Rather than buying Yeti I have bought several RTIC (made in the same Chinese factory as YETI for half the price) and I drink out of it everyday. 

I only personally own one yeti coffee mug and it was a gift.  It works great but I'm just as happy with my Wal-Mart Ozark Trail tumblers.

15 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I've thought of stuff like this but not sure what kind of possible sales we could have. 

I don't know how many you could sale.  I'd buy one, but that doesn't make it worth your while.

44 minutes ago, Manimalmother said:

I can't read it but I can speak it some....I've spent entirely too much time there for work!

How does one translate Korean language.  My barber gave me this, something about or example of radiant heat or using hot water to heat with.  Cant get my key board to use those symbols.  

20190309_090413.jpg

Edited by 015point9
Add info

4 hours ago, 015point9 said:

How does one translate Korean language.  My barber gave me this, something about or example of radiant heat or using hot water to heat with.  Cant get my key board to use those symbols.  

20190309_090413.jpg

No idea.  I've never seen hand written Korean.  Seems a lot less boxy than the typed version.

35 minutes ago, Manimalmother said:

No idea.  I've never seen hand written Korean.  Seems a lot less boxy than the typed version.

Thanks...Ya, I'm stumped.  Lots of translators online but cant find one that has their  "kanji) (american slangly, rice grain alphabet or

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanji

? when I was in Japan never had a language problem, at least near base.  

Edited by 015point9
Info

• 1 month later...