• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Paypal !

dobienut

Do many of you guys have Paypal ? I signed up about 3 years ago but never used my account, never gavea credit card number etc. Reason I did was because my wife had her paypal account using her credit card, then all of a sudden they sent her an email saying in order to use it anymore she had to give a bank account number to become verified. We didn't want to give out personal information like that and we figured why isn't a credit card good enough, they're accepted basically everywhere. So i decided after that not to bother doing my account, and for whatever reason they never made her give a bank account number and she still uses paypal to this day with no issues. I decided to complete my account today and low and behold, they're asking me to give that info already insisting I have to in order for sellers to believe i'm legit in so many words. I know people that have never been asked to become "verified" and have never given them the info they want and they seem to have no issues so far. My brother being one of them ,he just signed up a couple of weeks ago and he said he gave a credit card number and nothing else was said. :shrug: I'm in Canada btw, maybe Paypal operates differently in other countries , we seems to do everything more difficult here :mad:

Might have something to do with debit cards and credit cards. My debit card is also a visa but the visa seems to work like a slower processing debit, it just takes whatever I charge to it out of my account, but debit works faster. I had to verify it on paypal.. I think a credit card that is solely a credit card would be different since they probably could care less as to how much money you have since they can just charge it, so I doubt you have to be verified. The country difference might be something doing it too. I actually ran across some videos recently that I couldn't watch on youtube due to being in the US. This one. Click on it and it just gives you a red message saying can't be watched in your country. http://www.youtube.com/index?ytsession=7IN5Vd3Ke2vNDHLpv1lSN_CHZ_bYQiu3fs3rx0-be1h4IhO-2YKeQUYOO0Ido0OlTVaQswBmokWFRqmGoQe0yub13KP47cAWqulDN-snxirXVEyLAeqdcpWFA7gjW-oJi3umx2oZtnKehLgYAGAQgzWKwletEAexxPbyiGvl2skJ9vIkKtDPb9XNfl8DypmOzowYoG_RPGAruX7xH7oCb1M75pu4c-acmdSq5AeyVjfKVCbA-N4mNz52a65U49p8mU0UEJ6613H_SXKPgP79RyVHrU35Sy9RJseHypw6nEudKuhDMHJay_nPVyxq-opgFt7dbgR0yTH2IvHFe60w2I6KtgxWQLihs_5V9T4wkV4Nk0btxma_q-n9kGR8sdi4bvCEqVtytL-mU4lAqBTQjVuejUTV0kd4 All it is, is a INSX music video, so I kinda think it's BS that I can't see it in the US! I knew a guy from Russia who got those messages all the time, but didn't think I would ever run into it. So I vote country is the issue on this one, though the debit thing might be doing it if your's is tied in with your bank account.

i have had paypal for a couple years now it is verified and the only differance ive found is certain sellers(especially on ebay) will only ship to verified address which seems to come from the bank accounts. but i generally purchase with credit cards for return reasons.

I was using Visa to sign up ISX, and that card is soley Visa, no debit involved with it. I'll have to decide if i'm going to give them the info or just go ahead and see if I can use it and how long I can go before they shut me down. I don't mind giving a credit card number to them, but when they start having my personal bank account number, I don't like that. Like you say, what's it matter to anone, if it's a credit card they just charge it. They are claiming it's there way of telling if it's really me and my card

Ok I called them and I told them your whole scenario and they just said hmmm that shouldn't happen. I don't know if it somehow tracked a past payment history with that 3 year old account or not. They said unless you go over $2000 it shouldn't care whether you are verified or not, which makes me think it tracked that old account, possibly. I said well it's canada and they acted like that may be it. Other than that, they said you would have to call and give them your info so they could look it up and tell you why you need to be verified. They said you need either a bank account or paypal credit card to get verified. So there you have it. :cool:

Well thanks ISX for doing that..at least they would tell you a spending limit I could go to, out of 2 emails I sent they refused to answer saying they did now know :cookoo:. As for them tracking a history of spending, I had no spending on it, never used it in the three years I had been signed up .Think what i'll do is just use it and see what happens and if they insist I give them that info to keep using it, i'll have to decide what I want to do then. Thanks again