• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Final Follow up on new lift pump with my rebuilt vp44

Got me a better gauge today and checked my pressure on my lift pump. Got a 0 to 30 psi gauge.On starter bump i get 14 psi.start engine and run im getting 12 psi at idle.Put truck in gear, hold brake and acelerate i run at 9 psi when really pulling hard.So I'm hoping that is good enough for my stocker around town.OH yeah! I never realized how stupid I am.I realized I have a intercooler on my truck! Duh! I was thinking it was my air conditioning condensor.Like they say sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees.

Should be a a little higher on pressures. Though there is a new question about where the fuel is going when the pressure is under 14psi. For the time being, I would aim for higher pressures.If you ever have something your not sure about, let me know and I will dig you up some pics and label everything in it. Or take a pic and I will label everything in that for you. :thumbup2:

It's always quite a leap going from a gasser to a diesel, especially when you have never owned or riden in a diesel before. The intercooler and second battery are things gassers don't have, so you don't expect them. Same as the WTS light, WIF light, injection pump, glow plugs/grid heaters. You just have to be open for anything. I am sure there are powerstroke and duramax drivers who have owned them for 5 years and then decide to buy a cummins thinking they know everything about, then spending a week looking for the glow plugs :lol: You just never know anymore. I doubt a die hard 12V mechanic would be able to work on a 24V CR very easily, if at all, he has never seen any of that and wouldn't know what to do without reading up on it. It's when you can't tell a diesel from a gasser by how it sounds at idle that you know you really need to do some reading :lmao:

It's always quite a leap going from a gasser to a diesel, especially when you have never owned or riden in a diesel before. It's when you can't tell a diesel from a gasser by how it sounds at idle that you know you really need to do some reading :lmao:

When it says 1500 on it and has a bunch of 'yosamite sam stickers saying "back off"' :moon:

One of the reasons I bought my diesel truck was!For the last 6 years of my working life I drove nothing but diesel equiptment ( Meow )No names mentioned.I worked them hard every day I drove at least 8 hours a day on the job moving dirt with a front end loader ( model 966 )I loved it! So one month before I retired I got my truck!Ok I had some problems with my vp44, I am learning, and still love my truck even though I don't drive it much.