• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla help

Mockbee23

I just got done installing the quadzilla on my truck and went to the quadzilla tune builder to help build tunes. I did a daily, tow and race tune. I started in the daily tune and it would not allow me to go over like 1200 rpm. So I changed tunes to the tow, it went fine. Changed to the race tune, it also ran very nice. Switched back to the daily tune and it still will not let me go over 1200 rpm. Now no matter what tune I’m in, they all do the same thing and will not let me go over 1200 rpm. I changed nothing. I also have no idea how too datalog. 

What level are you starting in?  Sounds like you are sticking it in lvl 1 which is valet mode, most tunes have %50 power setup as valet.  

beyond that you need to post what tunes you are running 

So I changed tunes to the tow, it went fine. Changed to the race tune, it also ran very nice. Switched back to the daily tune and it still will not let me go over 1200 rpm. Now no matter what tune I’m in, they all do the same thing and will not let me go over 1200 rpm. I changed nothing.

This is very confusing. just above that you say it ran very nice in another tune, but below you say they all do the same thing? 

also learn how to data log.  it is critical to do to help troubleshoot.

Edited by Me78569

Terribly sorry for that. :duh: I was in valet mode. Everything is all good now. Tunes run amazingly. Need to dial them in a bit but very very impressed with them. Especially the race one. Thanks for pointing out the obvious to me @Me78569 lol I was having a mental breakdown 

So I have an existing EGT gauge, trans temp gauge and fuel pressure gauge. My question is, can I tap off the existing wires on the egt harness to allow my quadzilla to monitor the temps or should I go ahead and install the quadzilla probe? Second question is, how can I rename a gauge? I hooked the “trans temp gauge up to my oil temp since I already have a trans temp gauge on my truck. I will be looking at the v2 custom tuning in depth article. Appreciate the help.

don't split egt probe wires. 

You can't rename a gauge in the app itself unless you edit the xml file that controls the the vehicle profile.  You can see how to do this in the quadzilla tips and tricks article, but most dont bother.

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed the quadzilla on my sons truck. He is running 250hp injectors and a hx40. The egt’s climb fast and it’s really Smokey. I would like to know if someone has done a custom tune with or for this setup and if so where or how can I see the numbers. Thanks

• Owner
9 hours ago, Biggin said:

Just installed the quadzilla on my sons truck. He is running 250hp injectors and a hx40. The egt’s climb fast and it’s really Smokey. I would like to know if someone has done a custom tune with or for this setup and if so where or how can I see the numbers. Thanks

You might want to start another thread and the post up copy of the data log and the tune so we can work with the info some.