• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Possible head gasket leak

6 minutes ago, dripley said:

i feel so inadequate or just lucky now. sucks you had to go thru all of this.

No worries man.  It's just my luck.

I had limited options on proceeding.  Every other genuine Cummins head I could find from reputable places was around 2k, considering my head couldn't be used as a core.

All the other heads I found were promax castings which are said to be terrible.

All in all I am about $700 into to this one since he refunded half my money.  That is including the plugs and misc things I purchased.

1 minute ago, Manimalmother said:

No worries man.  It's just my luck.

I had limited options on proceeding.  Every other genuine Cummins head I could find from reputable places was around 2k, considering my head couldn't be used as a core.

All the other heads I found were promax castings which are said to be terrible.

All in all I am about $700 into to this one since he refunded half my money.  That is including the plugs and misc things I purchased.

hope he gave you cash. good luck.

1 hour ago, Manimalmother said:

She's alive.

I was only available to work on it at night after work and it took me a couple of days. 

After lots of fuel line bleeding I finally got her started yesterday afternoon and drove it home.

Big relief.

I did not have near the problems you but it was very satisfying hearing it run. And to my surprise very little priming.

Edited by dripley