• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

HORRIBLE HORRENDOUS mileage

Hi All,

I bought take offs LT26575R16 to test before purchasing Traction tires.  I run in CA on the Freeways mostly at 70 MHP and the Tach is spot on at 1900 RPM.  So it's not Tire size or RPM our tach's could be that far off.

Michael

Stupid Question but does the truck make good power?  Put you back in the seat if you open it up rolling?  If not there is an issue.  I was amazed at the H.P. These beasts have when I first got one.  Just saying.

Michael

Air, Fuel, Compression, and Transmission.  That's where you start.  Get the ODB Link LX that Mike was saying I have one.  Great tool. I bluetooth it to  a small pad.  That way I can read it while driving.  Old Eyes.

Looking at your Photo what dash lights are lit?  Not OD Off?

Michael

Edited by int3man

• Owner

As for the ABS light that is typically the front speed sensors. Replace both as a set. Being your speedometer is working in the photo I'm going to suggest the front sensors. I just happen to have 2 sets of sensors on hand (used very low miles). If that doesn't fix it the tone ring is damaged in the unit bearings and will need to have both bearings replaced.

As for the MPG's you need to report the engine load numbers at 55, 65, and 75 MPH. I want to see how much fuel your commanding.

As for my own setup just checked my MPG's for this last tank and got 20.84 MPG. Finally pushed the cost per mile down in the 13's cents per mile. Over 4 cents cheaper a mile than my 1996 Dodge 1500 V8 5.9L.

Capture+_2019-04-06-12-02-35.png

• Owner

Quadzilla Adrenaline is the tuner you should look into. As for injectors I've already done the 7 x 0.0085 (+75HP) which where good I'm currently running 7 x 0.010 (+150 HP) which has even better power. The Quadzilla is very capable of cleaning up. Here is a package deal DAP sells.

https://www.dieselautopower.com/dap-vp-truck-performance-bundle

• Like 1