• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Smarty s03 today :)

Got a few miles on sw9 4 3 3

Smoothest power Ive found feels very natural overall feel like the same power as sw5 no surging. No hard power hit at 1800 no flat spot in power just below 1800. Overall just a damn nice driving tune.

Smoke seems about the same as sw5 cant tell if its smoking more or less. Boost is as soon as I touch the throttle truck seems to sound different.  My exhaust is pretty quite driving around under light throttle I can hear it more well different. 

This tune makes me happy lol.  Not sure its tow safe but we will see..

I recommend trying it if you guys haven't. 

On 8/8/2019 at 10:47 AM, Evan said:

Got a few miles on sw9 4 3 3

Smoothest power Ive found feels very natural overall feel like the same power as sw5 no surging. No hard power hit at 1800 no flat spot in power just below 1800. Overall just a damn nice driving tune.

Smoke seems about the same as sw5 cant tell if its smoking more or less. Boost is as soon as I touch the throttle truck seems to sound different.  My exhaust is pretty quite driving around under light throttle I can hear it more well different. 

This tune makes me happy lol.  Not sure its tow safe but we will see..

I recommend trying it if you guys haven't. 

I'll have to play with it.

I know with my truck the engine at idle changes between TM 3 and say 5/6 you can hear an audible change.

Have more miles now. Sw9 4 3 3

Smoke is more and less. Tm 4 slight surge on freeway compared absolutely smooth tm3

Normal driving sw9 tm4 has less smoke than sw5 5 3 3

The times I've needed to get on it to get into traffic it lights with authority but smokes more than sw5 5 my but dyno says it pulls noticably harder to. 

It will light turbo very fast if I moderate heavy throttle if I stand on itl lag and smoke like hell tell the turbo starts to scream. Then bump through all gear in literally seconds. 

Converter seems to be locking hard to wich I find odd it should lock softer because its shifting alittle sooner than it was.

Sound is hard to explain kind more pop coming out the tail pipe

Don't trust the butt dyno

Here are 2 runs, same stretch of road one tune that was overfueled on that was %100 smoke free.

overfueled vs Tuned.PNG

You can see the huge amount of fuel down low.  However most everything else follows each other.    Both reach 60 mph at pretty much the same time, both have about the same egt's and both build and hold boost exactly the same.  

The overfueled tune did feel more responsive when not at WOT, but that was simply because I didn't have to push the pedal down as far to get the same seat of the pants results.  

• Like 1

For me I dont push the pedal down much so I like feel tm4 over tm 3.

I think tm5 on sw9 would bring back the huge smoke and surgeing.

Truck is rocket passing cars on the freeway itl do 70-90 very fast walking right over the 85mph speed limiter I have set.

Beating a dead horse to death but I love this sw9 3 3 3 setting Gobs of smooth power lights the turbo on demand no dead spot cruise control is good.

Smokes about like our 365 big cam cummins.. I'm just used to it now . Pulling eagle rd on Franklin to the freeway makes a smoke show if I'm loaded. Pretty good uphill pull from a dead stop. Rolling black till the little hy35 gets to kickn

I'm alittle un easy to tow but probly will. Blowing a head gasket isnt the end of the world it then becomes a needed expense to keep working so I can hide it.

Edited by Evan

On 8/9/2019 at 11:17 PM, Evan said:

For me I dont push the pedal down much so I like feel tm4 over tm 3.

I think tm5 on sw9 would bring back the huge smoke and surgeing.

Truck is rocket passing cars on the freeway itl do 70-90 very fast walking right over the 85mph speed limiter I have set.

Beating a dead horse to death but I love this sw9 3 3 3 setting Gobs of smooth power lights the turbo on demand no dead spot cruise control is good.

Smokes about like our 365 big cam cummins.. I'm just used to it now . Pulling eagle rd on Franklin to the freeway makes a smoke show if I'm loaded. Pretty good uphill pull from a dead stop. Rolling black till the little hy35 gets to kickn

I'm alittle un easy to tow but probly will. Blowing a head gasket isnt the end of the world it then becomes a needed expense to keep working so I can hide it.

The smoke show I feel is also covered by the throttle input.  For me having that foot father into the throttle also effects the downshifting on the transmission. Which I find also helps with spool.

Actually found that if I get after it smoke clears fast as turbo comes on sooner 

Christine was with me and we jumped into traffic from a dead stop we both got pulled hard into the seats and I was pedalling off tire spin. Out of the corner of my eye I saw here being pulled into the seat. She goes holy **** I was grinning.

I dont like the tires spinning just to heavy to high chance to brake something  at 10k.

Still have not towed my guess is itl be good. Haven't noticed any change in egts empty.

Truck drives around feeling lighter on its feet. 

I never push hard enough for a down shift it always makes plenty of power in the gear to do what I need. 

Light towing stop and go traffic smoke is bearable I'll blow prett good black puff the turbo is lit and shes only hazing. Truck still feels light on its feet

No I did not and wont tow the backhoe. Its 17k machine have to dump truck for that. In the passed I used to tow it but it's just silly in my opion unless theres no option 

20190816_121204.jpg

On 8/15/2019 at 3:56 PM, Evan said:

Actually found that if I get after it smoke clears fast as turbo comes on sooner 

Christine was with me and we jumped into traffic from a dead stop we both got pulled hard into the seats and I was pedalling off tire spin. Out of the corner of my eye I saw here being pulled into the seat. She goes holy **** I was grinning.

I dont like the tires spinning just to heavy to high chance to brake something  at 10k.

Still have not towed my guess is itl be good. Haven't noticed any change in egts empty.

Truck drives around feeling lighter on its feet. 

I never push hard enough for a down shift it always makes plenty of power in the gear to do what I need. 

People are so afraid to get on the pedal. I found over the years that the roll technique worked best forsmoke control before I realized that you can control it better with the settings.

Still running sw9 3-3-3?

Yes still running 9 3 3 3. My best tune yet

Lol yes. Normally I dont get on but have been noticing less smoke since I have.  Were doing a tree job tomorrow christine and I. Seems I'm doing all the work getting saws ready and shes already sleeping.  

Haven't done a tree job in awhile, she needs the money. And I'm usually working anyways. So well do it

Thought about laying the tree on the goosekneck but think it's to big. Well just put it in the dump truck and use the backhoe. 

That's off topick. 

I did see 1100 on some small grades pulling basically the empty trailer at 80 just under 2000 rpm running 900s on the flats. Boost never going over 20

Edited by Evan

• 1 month later...

I just noticed on sw9 3 3 truck was in light just right and was hazing very noticeably at idle.  

So I shut it down dropped to sw7 same settings and haze all but went away. This is the first time I've actually seen an instant change in a setting.  The feel while driving between 9 and 7 is damn near the same. 

It's nice to change a setting and actually see it change. Not just try and notice a seat of the pants feel. Wondering if it's just difference in foot on the throttle 

• 2 months later...

Been tuning transmission through smarty.

Have pressure and shifts set aggressive running no tunning.

Running on sw2-4 shifts are tamed out on tm set at 3 I wanted to bring shifts back slightly to aggressive side so trucks shifting under more pressure (throttle) so I tried tourqe management at 2. Holy ****.

Truck drove like it was at half power. I nearly had to put pedal to the floor to make it shift. Actually didn't think it was going to shift to overdrive I was on the  floor.

It not only was shifting north of 2500rpm it also felt like power was below factory tune. Tm3 under light throttle shifts at 2200ish 2500 under moderate throttle. Thought tm2 might firm and quickn light throttle shifts at the cost of alittle more rpm. 

Looked up smarty revo settings and tm2 is mild but should be above factory. But obviously not.

I'm running tm set at 3 on sw2 right now tranny feels decent quick shifts but could be alittle more aggressive I could adjust TV cable tighter for more pressure but I'm already slightly limiting throttle because I'm maxing TV before throttle pedal wich for me is fine because I never run throttle to the floor.

I'm trying to get most power out of tranny and smarty reduces power ( pedal) down low.

I just serviced tranny bumped pressure slightly I cant bump it anymore. Im running chevron thf 1000 fluid in the 47re

Trying to get more pressure at lower throttle imput and still have some smarty grunt off the bottom that I like.

Just thought it was weird that tm2 was nearly undrivable and so under powerd compared to the factory tune