• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Howdy

unclescratch

Bought this truck used to pull a 5th wheel travel trailer.  When I first drove it (w/73K miles on it) I was so impressed with its power I thought it might actually leap into the air !    I have had some dead pedal over the last few years and now, w/150K on it, I need a new VP44.  Rats!  I will be able to save some money by doing the work myself.  I retired as an ASE Master Tech from the Dodge dealer I bought this from.   I am wondering if I should canvas all the listed shops w/815 test rigs, or just get a pump from someone like Thorobread Diesel in KY ??   Also, somewhere along the line a dealer upgraded (?) my lift pump by installing a pump in the tank.  I would very much like to learn what exactly this repair amounted to before I start tearing into this ip replacement.  Any links for that info?  I am also committed to installing a fuel pressure gauge to hopefully prevent another ip r&r.   My those gauges are pricey!  Does everything come w/the gauge to install it?   I will probably be back for more answers,  I Thank You all for any assistance you can offer.

Welcome to the forum. DAP or Vulcan Performance will give as good a deal on pump as anyone and both are vendors here. The take pretty good care of us here. I too have experienced the in tank pump. While having problems with dead pedal and bucking I had the truck checked out. Turns out my was 5 at idle and pretty much 0 at WOT. I added a booster pump and it cured  my issues completely. An Air Dog or Fass electric fuel pumps are good additions or there are a couple mechanical pumps out there that holding up well for several members. Start a thread about it over in the 2nd gen forums. You will bigger responses there. And again welcome.