• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Still trying to figure my truck out

So my main issue is a knock. It’s only when warm and don’t always do it. I’ve also noticed higher egts and a decent amount of black smoke which is supriseing for stock injectors? Also seems very gutless but that’s problably from stepping down in injector size. Can anyone suggest some remedy’s for my issues before I sell it and go buy another that runs right?

1 hour ago, Marcus2000monster said:

I just fixed a massive boost leak. Replaced intake manifold and plenum gaskets and all. 

Prior to to all the smoke and high EGT's?

Is your boost gauge reading normal now?

Edited by dripley

13 hours ago, dripley said:

Prior to to all the smoke and high EGT's?

Is your boost gauge reading normal now?

Yes it was prior. I had way high egts and lots of smoke and they’re still is a little bit but not much. And. Can’t find anymore boost leaks. 

Did you use soapy water on all your boots? 

I actually made my own pressure tester, I'll have to find and take pics if you need ideas. Buy I could regulate psi in with engine off and listen, use soapy water and find any leaks. 

2 hours ago, Dmaney said:

These trucks are pigs stock. No tuner correct? Didn't see it in your sig, just double checking.

No tuner right now. Seems like my truck don’t like tuners. Pigs as in slow or fast?

My biggest concern is that sometimes it runs good and smooth and sometimes it don’t. That’s what has me stumped. 

• Owner

You never gave the Quadzilla a true chance. Just expecting the "default tune" to work right out of the hole. Not the way it works. 

There will never be a canned tuner that will be perfect either. Being most of them are only designed for stock injectors. Like @dripley can say about +50 HP injectors and Edge Comp are smoky. 

Just running of the ECM stock tune is going to be pretty retarded in timing. Making it even slower. 

Edited by Mopar1973Man
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

You never gave the Quadzilla a true chance. Just expecting the "default tune" to work right out of the hole. Not the way it works. 

There will never be a canned tuner that will be perfect either. Being most of them are only designed for stock injectors. Like @dripley can say about +50 HP injectors and Edge Comp are smoky. 

Just running of the ECM stock tune is going to be pretty retarded in timing. Making it even slower. 

Now that I have stock injectors I decided to give a used smarty a try. So far I’m pleased. No wiring no check engine light and feels like a lot more power although it’s no more than most canned tuners. I’m happy for now.